• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Giga to EXS24

Share/Bookmark

GOS Giga to EXS24

Hi,

I\'ve used the search engine, and looked up posts regarding the topic of translating GOS giga files to the EXS24.

Admittedly, I\'m still not clear on whether or not this is something that works well. (or well enough, anyway!)

Is there anyone out there using the GOS library on the EXS sucessfully? Does the giga convert function on the EXS translate well, or is an application like CDXtract or Chicken Systems needed? If so, which of those 2 converts better?

I\'m about to purchase GOS, but want to be sure I\'ll be able to utilize it well with my current system (Logic, 450Mhz G4, OS 9, EXS24)

Also, I\'m assuming the disk streaming function on the EXS24 works, especially with a library like GOS. Is that a safe assumption? (I haven\'t tried it yet, due to me not having sounds that require its use).

Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: GOS Giga to EXS24

it converts just fine with most features intact. I converted mine before I got CDXtract and it worked fine, with the exception of the EXP patches which the velocity ranges for groups were funky. But yea, it is definitely workable in EXS along with the virtual maestro tools environment for logic.

cheers,

mike

Originally posted by Jaimo:
    Hi,

I\'ve used the search engine, and looked up posts regarding the topic of translating GOS giga files to the EXS24.

Admittedly, I\'m still not clear on whether or not this is something that works well. (or well enough, anyway!)

Is there anyone out there using the GOS library on the EXS sucessfully? Does the giga convert function on the EXS translate well, or is an application like CDXtract or Chicken Systems needed? If so, which of those 2 converts better?

I\'m about to purchase GOS, but want to be sure I\'ll be able to utilize it well with my current system (Logic, 450Mhz G4, OS 9, EXS24)

Also, I\'m assuming the disk streaming function on the EXS24 works, especially with a library like GOS. Is that a safe assumption? (I haven\'t tried it yet, due to me not having sounds that require its use).

Thanks in advance for your time.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum