• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does Garritan Lite include this?

Share/Bookmark

Does Garritan Lite include this?

I saw this in one of the recent Electronic Musician mag...

\"The finest and most detailed documentation for a sample library to date is included; it not only explains the technical details of the library itself but also serves as an excellent master class on strings and string writing in general. At the risk of sounding corny, I was nearly moved to tears the first time I read through the beautifully bound documentation.\"

Is this in the lite version or just the full version? The part about serves as an excellent master class makes such a purchase all the more tempting if it\'s in it.

Cheers,

Re: Does Garritan Lite include this?

I\'m afraid lite comes with manual lite. It is however pretty explanatory... if not beautifully bound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

christianb

I was wondering if the LITE edition included the Grand detache samples that were re-done by another programmer in a later release. I had the pleasure of hearing them first hand in a local studio on monday and it really sold it to me. They seemed so much richer and more soaring than the original patches I\'d heard.

I was told they were only programmed on two velocities and thought they might be included with the LITE ed as a result. The guy who owns the library wasn\'t sure because his is the full version and there was nothing to say yah or nah in the accompanying book.

JonP,

The instrument you are referring to is called the \"Grand Sustain\" and was programmed by KingIdiot. It is only available in the full version of the library.

Tom

Thanks for the answer Tom. Programmed by KingIdiot eh?. Now I know why he is such a guru around these parts. Fantastic work, really well done.

I\'ve never been so torn as to what to do as regards buying a string library. I have most of them except Garritan\'s, SI (and the forthcoming QLSO) but trying to decide which to plum for as a complete library is quite mindbending. I do really admire the fact that this library is so well kept up-to-date and without charging. I hope it sets a trend [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum