• Register
  • Help

Topic: please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first sorry for my bad english

1.my first pc works fine,with gigastusio!
    pentium 700
    no name motherboard
    mb126
    delta44
    tnt2
    30gig hard disk
    20gig
    win98se

2.last week a buy a new pc with this components.
    thunderbird 1000mhz
    256mb 133
    30gb hard drive
    20gb
    geeforce 2mx
    asus a7v (kt133) motherboard
    delta44
    win98se

and at this moment gigastudio works not!!
    my problem is when i put a akai cd in my cd-rom ,at the moment when gigatudio converts a akai sample crashes my system!!!!!!!!! or my system rebootes!!!! or a it comes a error massage with a blue screen ,when i deinstall gigastudio works my pc fine!! and when i install it new ,comes many many problems ,when i copy a big file from my hart disk to a nother folder ,my system crashes ,or when i copy a file from my fist harddisk to the another harddisk c: to d: my system crashes many many problems ,and when i deinstall gigastudio works my system fine!
    why??? with my fist pc i had never problems but with my new pc i have many problems!

Re: please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don\'t have an answer for you so I can only suggest a few checks. Make sure all of your hardware is using the latest drivers (New PC doesn\'t always mean new drivers). It never hurts to go online and download the newest soundcard and videocard drivers. Check to make sure no programs are running that you don\'t need (use msconfig.exe to turn off unecessary programs from startup). Make sure you are using the latest versions of Gigastudio and any other software on your computer.
    Specifically related to Akai CD\'s, some discs have been known to cause crashes. Are you using discs that you already used on the other PC? If so, are you using the exact same versions of Gigastudio between the two PC\'s?

As for me, I would check all hardwares like CPU, fans, memory, PCI-cards, AGP-cards, cables (pwr-supply, IDE, etc). The ideas to make sure all physical connections are right places properly.
    Hope this helps,
    Long

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 02-13-2001).]

hi,
    i had the same problems when i changed my hard disk. it was a IBM HD and therefore i needed to update my on board-scsi controller driver. (hpt366 driver)

maybe yours is the same problem.
    >update the drivers for scsi or ide controllers.

best,
    foh

ps: another idea :
    i heard about that sometimes the chipset of new mainboards with 133fps is causing trouble with audio

[This message has been edited by foh (edited 02-19-2001).]

Go Back to forum