• Register
  • Help

Topic: Running notes in Gos Lite

Share/Bookmark

Running notes in Gos Lite

Hallo.

I have owned GOS lite for a good few months now, and whilst I am impressed with the sounds themselves, I am having trouble actually putting them to practice; I don\'t know if it\'s me, but sequences of notes sound very unnatural... is there any way of emulating the effect of notes changing while the bow remains on the strings, so as to produce realistic runs? Or is that something that can only be done in the full version?

I am using it in HALion 2, all the key switching etc works fine.

If any of you Maestros would help out a poor novice he would be most grateful..

Thanks.

Re: Running notes in Gos Lite

is there any way of emulating the effect of notes changing while the bow remains on the strings, so as to produce realistic runs? Or is that something that can only be done in the full version?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m far from an expert on this, but I do know that the legato feature on the big GOS library helps considerably in emulating the changing of notes within the same bow stroke.

This feature has probably been left off the lite versions, I suspect.

One idea might be to make a new sound from the main patch you\'re using, and truncate a smidge of the initial attack off of the samples.

This essentially is what the masking samples in the legato feature do. That way, the \"slower\" initial attack is replaced with samples that are \"already sounding\", if that makes any sense.

You could then replace any notes that needed that feature with the new sound.

...or just get the full library... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Running notes in Gos Lite

[/QUOTE]I\'m far from an expert on this, but I do know that the legato feature on the big GOS library helps considerably in emulating the changing of notes within the same bow stroke.

This feature has probably been left off the lite versions, I suspect.

One idea might be to make a new sound from the main patch you\'re using, and truncate a smidge of the initial attack off of the samples.

This essentially is what the masking samples in the legato feature do. That way, the \"slower\" initial attack is replaced with samples that are \"already sounding\", if that makes any sense.

You could then replace any notes that needed that feature with the new sound.

...or just get the full library... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks Jaimo,

I had had a similar thought myself, just put off by the large number of samples I would need to do it to !

You are correct, the legato feature is not in the Lite version. I\'m not sure that HAlion supports Maestro Tools, so the full version may not be for me.... (plus the extra cash required, of course...) [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum