• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just got GOS Lite! First tryout...

Just got GOS Lite! First tryout...

Just recieved GOS Lite Gigasampler in the mail this morning. I\'m using it with EXS24mkII, and the convertion went pretty well. Keyswitching works without problems! Only the few EXP patches which use modwheel doesn\'t seem to work after translation.

I\'m impressed with the sound and ease of use!

Quickly made a short demo that\'s far from perfect of course, but as first tryout i\'m rather happy with the result:
    http://users.pandora.be/studiolane/GOSLiteTest.mp3 (1.2Mb)

Re: Just got GOS Lite! First tryout...

I figured out how to program the EXS to play the EXP patches.

See this thead

Admittidly, the EXP patches are more expressive with the full library (because they\'re 4 layers deep), but you should still be able to get a lot of milage out of this anyhow.

Let me know if I can be of any more help to you on the whole EXS thing.

Thanks a lot Jaimo!

Your tips are excellent [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And it seems easier then i thought it would be [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I really get rather good results with this, i only have to set the X-fade Amount some higher to get a smooth transition as Lite only has 2 dynamic layers. But works great now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks!!

Orcas Island

Nice test run with the GOS Lites. I can hardly wait to hear what you\'ll do when you are done testing.

The newest version of EXS24 supposedly has good layer-crossfading now. We have a Virtual MaestroTools for the Logic Environement which has some tools you may find useful. I you wish, email me and I will reply by attaching the Logic Environment for you.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum