• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: It made it to the cinema!

Share/Bookmark

It made it to the cinema!

Hi guys & girls,

Well, I\'ve been away on holiday in sunny Cyprus, and returned last Thursday to some pleasant news. The movie \'Emotional Backgammon\' which I co-scored made it to 5 London cinemas from August 29, and I have now been told that several other UK cities will also be showing it from this week!

In truth, it is not a great movie, but I\'ve seen much worse, and it seems people did go and see it last week so you never know...

All the strings in my cues are from the Garritan library. Unfortunately I was in Cyprus when the Premier was screened on August 27, but my co-composer told me that the music sounded really good in the Odeon, Leicester Square. I still haven\'t seen the final cut, so I\'m gonna make trip to the cinema this week and hope he\'s not lying to me!

Thanks again Gary for a great library.

Chris

Re: It made it to the cinema!

Congratulations!

Any chance of hearing that music here?
    ... not in the UK...

Hey Christopher,

Thanks. You can hear 2 exerpts on the Garritan demo page. You\'ll see a picture of me and my 5 year old daughter somewhere there! One of the pieces (Dinnerfight) has been updated with some horns/timps which I\'ll have to send Gary.

They are also on the Postmusicalinstruments website, as I used the Steinway D for piano.

Thanks for listening!

Chris

These are both very nice pieces. Congratulations.

Thanks for the compliment! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Chris

Nice, [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Makes it all worth it don\'t it? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice, [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Makes it all worth it don\'t it? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Congrats Chris, thats awesome news! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks guys,

Let\'s hope it\'s worth it. I haven\'t been paid yet! In fact, NO ONE on the movie has been paid yet. Even Panavision \'gave\' their cameras! I believe the production company owes close to 2 million pounds to everyone who worked onthe film. Let\'s hope some people go and see it!!

Chris

If I could get 2 million pounds worth of people to work on a movie without actually paying them, I\'d make a movie too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, congrats. That\'s awesome.

Originally posted by ChrisAxia:
    Thanks guys,

Let\'s hope it\'s worth it. I haven\'t been paid yet! In fact, NO ONE on the movie has been paid yet. Even Panavision \'gave\' their cameras! I believe the production company owes close to 2 million pounds to everyone who worked onthe film. Let\'s hope some people go and see it!!

Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum