• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My first "public" GOS piece

Share/Bookmark

My first "public" GOS piece

Hi all, this was done with the GOS library, it is one of my assignments from a music course I am doing.

It\'s a pitch for a Current Affairs News program that would feature on the BBC.

The piece is supposed to sound friendly, big, presidential, and heraldic all at the same time. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Scott.

News Theme

Re: My first "public" GOS piece

Hey Scott,

Really nice piece and it sure does sound friendly, big, presidential, and heraldic all at the same time!

I hope you get the gig. Good luck.

Chris

Chris, thank you for your comments and congratulations on your film gig. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I should point out that this is a submission for a fictional gig!!

Actually theme 1 is posted above, theme 2 is supposed to play under the nightly news headlines being read out and theme 3 is the final 3-5 second sting.

Anyway, I thought it a decent respresentation of what GOS can do. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

DUDE you\'re so hired!! I like it quite a bit. I hope ya get it. BTW, I\'m looking for exactly that sound of drum roll kind or thing in theme #2 that you\'re using, would ya mind sharing what library you use? What other librarys are you using as well?
    Cheers

Seth

Hi Seth. Thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

- The English Horn is AO
    - The strings are of course GOS, the 1st and 2nd Violins are actually Kings strings.
    - The percussion is all LOP, that snare roll is from the ensemble snares patch and the only other percussion is some Timpani.
    - There is also some Sam Horns, the MW sustain patch that is doing the swell.

Hi Scott,

In theme 1 - Oh, I love the english horn! However, it could use a little decrescendo from 0:11 to :15. Other than that I think it\'s an excellent piece for your intented purpose.
    In theme 2 - I think it could use a little variation in the strings, maybe do C-D-C instead of C all the time.
    In theme 3 - I would have the ending longer!

Overall - great job!

Hi again Scott,

I finally got my new \'Studio PC\' working after discovering I had the dreaded \'LoveSan\' worm virus!

Anyway, I just had a listen on my monitors, and it still sounds good. The only annoying thing for me is the opening cello. You really need to use the alternating up/down bow strokes for more realism. Maybe you have GOS lite and this is not available? If it is, you have no excuse!!

The other 2 pieces are also very nice. Well done again. Shame the gig is fictional...

Chris

Hi Scott,

In theme 1 - Oh, I love the english horn! However, it could use a little decrescendo from 0:11 to :15. Other than that I think it\'s an excellent piece for your intented purpose.
    In theme 2 - I think it could use a little variation in the strings, maybe do C-D-C instead of C all the time.
    In theme 3 - I would have the ending longer!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Falcon, thanks for your comments! I will definetely look at the decrescendo for the horn. It has been said in the past that I still need more expression in the some of the instruments..
    Theme 2 has to be a little repetitive as it is meant to loop under a newsreader reading the headlines.
    Theme 3 is supposed to be a 3-5 second sting. I\'m still getting the hang of the those.

Anyway, I just had a listen on my monitors, and it still sounds good. The only annoying thing for me is the opening cello. You really need to use the alternating up/down bow strokes for more realism. Maybe you have GOS lite and this is not available? If it is, you have no excuse!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Chris, thanks for listening again. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Actually, I do have the full version of GOS so I have no excuse for not using the alt bow strokes patch!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Then go fix it!!! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Chris

Go Back to forum