• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A goodbye

A goodbye

Hello dear friends,

being a member since 2006, 8 years, I loved working with you. I loved and praised the Garritan products and using them set me on a musical path I never expected to walk. I thank you all for that. We had our disputes, our disagreement, our apologies and all needed for a healthy relationship, a profound friendship. From the deepest of my heart, I thank you all.

But now our paths differ too much. My wife and I agreed upon one thing (at least one thing!) and that is for the time being dismissing all huge and time consuming composing projects. My strengths are weakening and it demands too much effort, sleepless nights, getting up at five in the morning to correct some notes/phrases, etc..... Last year I wasn't able to hear properly for at least three months, a very nasty humming (tinitis), I couldn't hear the music anymore without heavy distortion. No, it wasn't like Beethoven, but since then I must be very careful with those two precious instruments, it had cured miraculously. Now I am facing some physical drawbacks, nothing really serious, but very annoying.
    This dude plans to celebrate his 90th birthday........ and with care and rest I can reach that age (20 years to go).

Goodbye my friends,

California Redwoods

Re: A goodbye

Well, though I have not had much to say, I read most of your posts, and listen to some of your music. Even though you may drop out of composing, drop by here now and then!

Certainly don' let the infirmities keep you down. You have plenty of time to get to 90. Make good use of the time. I am a lot closer than you, and have expectations of dying in the manner of Pietro Arretino! In recent years, I have have numerous malignancies, cataract surgeries, macular degeneration, asthma, and arthritis for at least 70 years, but I still keep going. So can you, and so you will.

Canada,winter Mexico

It looks both response to your "good bye" are from oldies.
    One of us is more lucky then the other, having more or less problems. I am also after a heart attack, bladder cancer, arthritis, going deaf, carotid build up, hip joint failing, one knee is shut.
    I am not complaining and not trying to tell you that my problems are harder to bear than yours. I am trying to give you advise, to feel lucky, as I feel. And I do, especially when I see and hear the news, the insane problems of others, killing of innocents who only wish to live, the maiming of children etc. etc.
    You and I are lucky.
    I have a job to do, and delaying it for a week now, because I don't feel OK. At the same time, I sent my latest choir piece to a large choir, and the conductor wrote back calling my piece a little jewel, and that he will perform it at a Xmas concert with his choir in November.
    So, little or large pleasures are still to come until we are done.
    I join to ask you to look in on us from time to time and DO NOT SAY GOOD BY while your heart is beating.

Guess I am a young'n here (Just turned 60 last week), but like anyone, I hate it when a valuable member leaves prematurely.

In the end, however, it is your decision, and no one but you can make it. There are at least a thousand reasons for anyone to go, and off the top, I can't think of a single reason for you to stay.

Stay anyway...

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

I am sorry to hear that Raymond, also Ted, I am sorry to hear you have difficulties too. This is a family here at the Garritan community. I am only 30 and I suffer from medical problems too, life can be such a pain at times. However, if you do drop the compositions, I still think you should drop by here just for the conversations.

Family never leave each other (In most cases)... so don't you go... don't you dare go. By the way, I think you are a great composer, wish I could do the effective classical work you do with instruments. I am still a novice when it comes to all the things such as articulations, but I still love composing anyways.

So friend... I recommend you stay, at least for the conversations and interactions with your friends.

Alberta, Canada

Wish you all the best, Raymond.

I'm in agreement with everyone else that says, 'drop by anytime just to chat!', and even if you're not composing, just to listen to the music that other people are writing. (That seems to be all I do these days, not really writing a whole lot, alas...)
    -- Matt Wong

Raymond (fellow tinnitus victim,)

Perhaps this will just be a much needed hiatus and, once rested and
    refreshed, you may feel well enough to return to composing. Or just
    dabble every now and then to scratch the itch! Small scale. In any
    case, all the best to you and I always like to hear that my programming
    has helped people, in some small way, to achieve their compositional
    dreams. Be well.

So sad to hear of your problems Raymond...I just wish you all the best for the future and I hope, sooner or later, our paths will be crossing once more!

Arrivederci, amico =)

www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

​Best of luck to you Raymond.

Best of Luck sir Raymond. Hope all goes well on the path before you!

Go Back to forum