• Register
  • Help

Topic: Articulations for GOS

Articulations for GOS

Is there somewhere I can look online or otherwise to get a better idea of what some of these strings sounds are supposed to be?

And, while I\'m at it, why are there different articulations for 1st and 2nd string shortbows?

1sts have Sautille and Sul Tasto whereas 2nds have Portato, Martele, Staccato and Spiccato.

What if I want my firsts and seconds to both play Sul Tasto? (Not that I know what Sul Tasto means. With taste? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Re: Articulations for GOS

Sul tasto

A directive to perform a certain passage of a composition by bowing the strings close to or directly over the fingerboard of the instrument.

I was hoping it meant chewing on a donut while you play.

With taste? Con gusto. We have a new articulation!

The difference between 1st and 2nd Violins is very audible in the long samples, however it is not as audible in the short samples. That\'s why you can use 2nd Violins short bows with 1st Violin long bows and vice versa. You also have the VAR instruments, that allow you to change the timbre considerably.
    Gary, Tom please correct me if I am wrong.

Jeannot Welter.

Folk Prophet,

Jeannot is exactly right. The 1st and 2nd violin short bows are intended to be viewed together as a pool of resources for the construction of short bow passages. VAR does indeed supply a great deal of differentiation when needed.

Cool. That\'s good to know. I also realized that a basic description of the bowings is included with the manual (which I HAD read, but forgot about that.) I\'ll just sheepishly slink away now.

Go Back to forum