• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mr. Garritan... Sample Request.

Share/Bookmark

Mr. Garritan... Sample Request.

I am in need of an affordable, quality choir sampled. One like VOTA that can actually sing words instead of just moaning ahhhhs and ohhhhs.

The Jazz expansion pack for GPO sounds interesting (almost like a Sims vibe to the add-on thing, build your own custome virtual band with add-ons) but I think a Choir pack along these lines would be extremely useful. I hope I\'m not alone on this...

AL

Re: Mr. Garritan... Sample Request.

hi alan,
    maybe you already recognized it, but the best way to do full words sining choirs is VOTA.

there are also consonants and stuff and you can create whole words and stuff.

there will NEVER be a choirsample cd where all the words are in there, which you would need for a song. so best is to go with just vowels and consonants. it would take some time to do words and whole phrases but its with a little fiddling you can get very good results [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    hi alan,
    maybe you already recognized it, but the best way to do full words sining choirs is VOTA.

there are also consonants and stuff and you can create whole words and stuff.

there will NEVER be a choirsample cd where all the words are in there, which you would need for a song. so best is to go with just vowels and consonants. it would take some time to do words and whole phrases but its with a little fiddling you can get very good results [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is what I was asking for, not whole words but the samples required to do so...

Thanks for the bump though.

AL

hello alan,
    you can build the words using the VOTA utility...
    bye

cut and crossfade it with your hands, its much more easier and the results are better [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    cut and crossfade it with your hands, its much more easier and the results are better [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Would you be so kind to elaborate on this?

I\'m using vota util 2.0, and would like to know how can I make better results easier.

Alex

i just load the wave-files into cubase and cut the vowels and consonants with my hands, mean with the tools i have to cut and crossfade and so on.

its a little work to import all vowels in all pitches and the consonants, but i think you have better access to lenght of notes and how your mouth is moving when going from ahhh to uhhh and so on. in the tool you just have commands and numbers, but in the arrangement, i just see the song and hear where the vowel or consonant needs to come in...

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses, however, I am already fully aware of VOTA and its wonderful possibilities. I was simply asking for Garritan to consider a version of this for the GPO add-ons.

VOTA seems really nice, but out of my price range for a single sample set. Knowing Mr. Garritan\'s reputation and pricing policy in the past, I believe he can make something comparable for less than half the price of VOTA... or at least this was my hope.

I believe most libraries are EXTREMELY overpriced and it has kept me from purchasing in the past. Imagine how many more copies of VSL would be sold if you could get the entire package (cube + perf. set) for something like $1000.

Quick math: 20 wealthy producers buying @ $5,000 = $100,000
    Everybody buying @ $1,000 = a whole lot more

Mr. Garritan has already figured out the above, just look at GPO for $249!!! imagine what we could all save with the add-ons being reasonably priced and comparable in sound quality (maybe not size) to the larger libs that people are selling kidneys to afford...

Was just an idea, was hoping to hear from Mr. Garritan either way,

AL

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    I am in need of an affordable, quality choir sampled.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Alan,

This is a good suggestion and one that we have been working on. We have some ideas on how to get voices to be more articulate and expressive.

Nuno took some revolutionary steps with his VOTA utility. New technology and faster processing power will now allow many things to be done in the frequency domain.

If you are in need of an affordable, quality female soloist samples, I would recommend DIVA.

Gary Garritan

\"If you are in need of an affordable, quality female soloist samples, I would recommend DIVA.
    Gary Garritan\"

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thank you

Go Back to forum