• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway Grand Piano in GPO

Share/Bookmark

Steinway Grand Piano in GPO

Hi, Gary and Tom!

I may ask for much here, but is there a \"true re-pedaling\"-function in the Steinway. This is a feature that PMI has incorporated into their new Bosendorfer vsti, which (I might add) costs five times more than GPO.

Since both product are based on the Kontakt engine, I thought maybe this is a feature that COULD be implemented in GPO as well?

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the GPO. Thanks!

Re: Steinway Grand Piano in GPO

Originally posted by Malo:
    This is a feature that PMI has incorporated into their new Bosendorfer vsti, which (I might add) costs five times more than GPO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] 5 times more than GPO?
    The VSTi costs $ 199.

Originally posted by Malo:
    ... their new Bosendorfer vsti, which (I might add) costs five times more than GPO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Malo,

Michiel\'s excellent Bosendorfer just sounds like it might cost over a thousand dollars but costs only $199 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

We are looking into implementing the re-pedaling feature for the Steinway.

Gary Garritan

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Malo:
    This is a feature that PMI has incorporated into their new Bosendorfer vsti, which (I might add) costs five times more than GPO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] 5 times more than GPO?
    The VSTi costs $ 199.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">In light of this comment, I\'m curious to know how the prices are set for samples. At $249, Gary has managed to come up with a complete orchestra for little more than the price of one instrument.

I understand that that one instrument might (and I say MIGHT, not having used either) be superior in some ways, but how does a sample maker calculate the cost of his product?

I can certainly see them making more of a profit if they take Gary\'s lead and create a library that can be afforded by a broader range of musicians. I might think twice about spending $200 for a piano sample -- no matter how great it is -- but I wouldn\'t hestitate to spend, say, $50 or $100 for that same sample, or $249 for much much more.

Anyway, this isn\'t meant as any kind of slam. I\'m just curious to know what goes into making that decision.

5 times more than GPO?
    The VSTi costs $ 199.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dear, Michiel!

I apologize for that! It was not my intention to make it sound like your fabulous product is overpriced, because it IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking that GPO is an orchestra with a piano, and then I probably was not thinking at all! Again: I apologize for this clumsy remark!

While I have you here: I have asked twice in the Bosendorfer thread whether you are planning a Steinway plugin, as well! Are you?

In any case, I will buy your Bosendorfer plugin, simply because the demoes have the best sounding piano samples I have ever heard!

Hope you can forgive and forget!

Go Back to forum