• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about Giga version

Share/Bookmark

Question about Giga version

Greetings , I am a new user to the forum here.

I want to get one of Garriton\'s products and am trying to determine which suits my needs best.
    I am looking at the \'Giga Light\' version.

My question: is the actual Gigastudio software included with this version? or do I need to buy that first (the Giga studio 32 is what I am considering).

Thanks
    Van

Re: Question about Giga version

Hey V
    Depends on what you plan on doing. I am not a protools guy so don\'t know much to help you there, but I do believe Gary\'s upcoming product \"Personal Orch\" might be the way to go until you get your feet wet. It comes with it\'s own sampler engine which I believe can work in PT. This negates the need to buy Giga sampler. (I hope I\'m not talking out of my a** here, if so someone will correct me I\'m sure) Never the less, I\'m pretty sure people will steer you towards getting one of the bigger Giga\'s if that\'s the direction you want to go. And , no, it doesn\'t come with GOS. He does have a Giga package deal on the full string lib though. Bigger $

christianb

Originally posted by Haydn:
    You may want to wait and pickup GPO when it comes out as it does have it\'s own playback engine.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks. I am wondering what the difference in the quality of sounds are between GPO and the demos that are online. Does GPO sound that good?

The demos for GPO will be posted soon so you\'ll be able to hear the strings. There are some articulations in the GOS demos that are not available in GPO.

You may want to wait and pickup GPO when it comes out as it does have it\'s own playback engine. For the price the string section is quite comprehensible plus you get all the other instruments.

GPO has the following instruments for including separate 1st and 2nd violin sections:

-Sustain+Short (Sustained notes with varible attack plus legato feature)

-Short Bows (Auto-alternating up and down bows)

-Pizzicato

-Tremolos

-Half and whole step trills

Also included are lush strings for each section which are based on King Idiot\'s Hollywood strings.

There are also solo violins, violas, cellos and basses that can also be used to build ensembles.

On your system you should be able to build a full orchestra and play it in realtime.

Go Back to forum