• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Garritan Personal Orchestra Demos posted!

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Personal Orchestra Demos posted!

I am pleased to present the first GPO demos! Thanks to Duncan Brinsmead, Jim Ortner, Frank Spitznagel and Tom Hopkins for preparing these demos.

These demos will give you an idea of some of the capabilities of Personal Orchestra right \"out-of-the-box\". The instrumentation in these demos ranges from large symphony orchestrations, to a small ragtime band, to an concert pipe organ solo.

Everything you hear in these demos is from Garritan Personal Orchestra. No other libraries were used and no EQ nor external processing was applied Everything was loaded, played, sequenced and mixed on each of the performer\'s personal computer. The integrated Kontakt player by Native Instruments was used as a plug-in the performer\'s sequencer (Sonar, Cubasis, Logic). The Ambience reverb plug-in that is bundled with Personal Orchestra was used in the mix for all these demos. These demos also show many of the expressive controls available such as Mod Wheel expression/dynamics, alternating up and down bows, the legato feature, tongued and slurred choices in the winds, and portamento.

Here are the links:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Magic-Flute-Overture.mp3
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/New-World-Symphony.mp3
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Beethoven-5thSymphony.mp3
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/EasyWinners-Ragtime.mp3
    http://www.garritan.com/mp3/Bach-Toccata.mp3

Here is the link to the demo section of my website where you can find out the instrumentation and more information about the demos.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3.html

These are the first of many demos that will be posted. We will be also posting the accompanying MIDI files and templates.

Shameless Plug: GPO gives you a full orchestra of sounds, the Kontakt player, Overture notation, Cubasis VST 4.0 and the Ambience reverb plug-in - all this for $249.

Hope you enjoy!

Gary Garritan
    www.personalorchestra.com

Re: Garritan Personal Orchestra Demos posted!

The demos are really cool, esp Beethoven\'s fifth. One thing I missed in Magic Flute is it\'s loudness. It\'s damn quiet compared to the others. But the tracks show a great sounding classical orchestra. Hope you\'re presenting more powerful ones soon - may it be Hollywood-like or Wagner or whatever. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It\'s surely going to be a great tool for music students - and will fit quite nice on my laptop for \"on the fly\" composing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very, very cool!
    I\'m so happy, I didn\'t think you can give us a so good orchestra with only 249$!
    thank you very much
    Michael

I can\'t wait! this is going to be so great!!!!

On the basis of these demos, you, Mr Garritan, may well become known as the Louis Pasteur of sampled orchestral music. Superb work from all concerned.

It will indeed be fascinating to see how this will affect the market. Listening to the demos, I was reminded of a Hollywood story: Mike Nichols had produced Catch 22 in 1970 for millions and millions of dollars. One afternoon, he took his co-producer to check out another anti-war film that had just opened, a little, inexpensive flick called MASH. They bought their tickets and sat in the theatre, confident that their movie would remain unassailable. About halfway though, Nichols turned to his producer and whispered \"We\'re f---ed.\" And indeed they were. Now, I don\'t really expect the same thing will happen with other sample developers [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . The fact is, all these libraries will co-exist and compliment each other beautifully. But GPO WILL make those developers think.

I also suspect that GPO will be used by pros to a rather greater extent than previously thought. I\'m a media composer and producer in London, and will have no hesitation in using it. The big guys in LA will use (some of) it just for the hell of it. But perhaps most importantly, cash-strapped schools and colleges will use it to introduce kids to a new world of sound. Wonderful news and an advancement for the wider culture.

Thanks to you and your team. Things can only get better.

Heath

P.S. Catch 22 turned out to be as much of a classic as MASH, and now we can enjoy them both.

I\'m impressed at these demos, Gary. Well done on your project! I can see hundreds of sales on the horizon. I won\'t be getting this since I have my template covered, but I feel this is a no-brainer for anyone interested in starting to compose orchestral music.

You know, what really has my mouth open is that someone actually mocked up the entire first movement of Beethoven\'s 5th! What a huge feat!

Originally posted by Garritan:
    Shameless Plug: GPO gives you a full orchestra of sounds, the Kontakt player, Overture notation, Cubasis VST 4.0 and the Ambience reverb plug-in - all this for $249.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, what can I say?
    Actually nothing, because my jaw lays in pieces on the floor so all I can do is type.

Thank you Mr. Garritan for this wonderfull offer. My $249 will soon be yours. And I\'m looking for it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I also suspect that GPO will be used by pros to a rather greater extent than previously thought. I\'m a media composer and producer in London, and will have no hesitation in using it. The big guys in LA will use (some of) it just for the hell of it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Speed rules.

\"and they said I was crazy to build a castle on a swamp !\"
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Incredible Gary and Tom!!

I have to admit I expected it to be good, but not this good!! I\'m going to enjoy this for a long time.

Rick

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast