• Register
  • Help

Topic: human breath sample for wodd/brass wanted

Share/Bookmark

human breath sample for wodd/brass wanted

Hi guys and girls,

Anybody knows a place (disc, web, whatever) where I may find this specific breath a human player does when playing a woodwind or brass ?

I\'d like to add this to a few solo instrument lines I\'m currently writing to improve realism.

Thanks for an answer.

Cheers

ps: Can someone move this to the General Sample Forum? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] My fault. Thanks
    Marc

Re: human breath sample for wodd/brass wanted

hey marc,
    to be serious, wha don\'t you record them yourself.
    take a balloon and start to pump it up, then you only cut out the breath in and breath out data and crossfade or put it around the instrument where you need it.

First, I\'m to lazy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Second, I\'m talking about the breath someone makes between notes not while playing. Guess in the long run I have to record it myself. It\'s just easier to take something already recorded in a good way, heh.

There are some breath effects on the Advanced Orch disks - I think Brass??

Can be really effective when used very subtley.

Of course, that\'s also the stuff you try to minimize when you record a real player!!

Oh, there are? I have to check that out.

Yes, of course but sometimes adding subtle sounds of \"in between\" breathing makes it more real - in a solo phrase that is. Not in Ensembles, heh.

I stumbled on this thread by accident, but I\'ve actually usd a clip-on mic with my EWI while sequencing Yamaha VL1 parts. The VL1 includes breath noise as part of the sounds, and some sounds even have key clicking. But they don\'t do breathing in, and somehow that extra live stuff puts it over the top.

I do have to confess to being too lazy to do that most of the time, though.

Gotta check my AO programs and documentation. Can\'t remember any breath FX in there.

Originally posted by MarcDerell:
    First, I\'m to lazy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Second, I\'m talking about the breath someone makes between notes not while playing. Guess in the long run I have to record it myself. It\'s just easier to take something already recorded in a good way, heh.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">but you search more days for samples than recording the exactly one you need. in my experience it was quicker and less time consuming to just record what i need and some breath has everyone, right ?? compare the time you searched for a sample to fit and how long you would have needed to record one. i am also talking about the notes in between two notes, right. the sound the breath makes during playing mostly comes out of the instrument... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum