• Register
  • Help

Topic: additional GPO questions

Share/Bookmark

additional GPO questions

Hi there,

I \'ve tried already to get a reply by email but had no luck. Perhaps you can answer my questions here in the forum. Would be very nice.

-how many articulations are for the strings available?
    A list would be great!

-are they switchable per keyswitching? (list?)

-which string articulations are switched by the mod wheel?

-which string articulations are automated by alternate bowing?

Thanks for your help!

Re: additional GPO questions

Here\'s some answers to your questions:

1. The following articulations are included for each section (1st violins, 2nd violins, violas, cellos, double basses):

-Sustain+short
    -Sustain+short muted
    -Short bows
    -Tremolo
    -Pizzicato
    -Lush
    -Lush muted
    -Half-step Trills
    -Whole-step Trills

2. There is a keyswitched version for each section.

3. No switchable versions for the mod wheel as the mod wheel is used for expression and timbre control of most articulations.

4. Short bows have automated up/down bows.

Thanx for your help Joseph [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] This is what I\'ve suspected. I will wait for the GOS mini Kompakt.

Any word on what type of Harp patches are available?

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Any word on what type of Harp patches are available?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Two harps were sampled in GPO. A Venus Concert Harp and a Wurlitzer Concert Harp. They each have a unique tone. For each harp there is a Chromatic harp with each note plucked and can be switched to hand damped. Each harp also has the harmonics sampled (which can also can be ringed or damped).

One of the nice features about these harps is the Glissando harp instruments. What we have done for these instruments is to assign the notes to the white keys of the keyboard. MIDI data packets mimic the pedal positions and emulate what the strings of the harps do (even the redundant notes resulting from pedal positions). So you can run your finger up and down the white keys and it will sound like a harp glissando. Rather than being limited to certain keys and tempos with prerecorded glisses, you can play them any way you wish.

Gary Garritan
    www.personalorchestra.com

Originally posted by Garritan:

One of the nice features about these harps is the Glissando harp instruments....

Gary Garritan
    www.personalorchestra.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sounds very cool Mr. Garritan! Only one question remaining, are these instruments chromatically sampled? (oh, and can you overnight mine for tomorrow? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

AL

Alan,

Yes, they are both chromatically sampled.

For each harp there is a Chromatic harp with each note plucked and can be switched to hand damped.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Alan,

Yes, they are both chromatically sampled.

</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Garritan:
    For each harp there is a Chromatic harp with each note plucked and can be switched to hand damped.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Sorry for the confusion, I meant every solo instrument of the library (violins, violas, basses, flute, etc.)

Thanks,

AL

Go Back to forum