• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and DP3

Share/Bookmark

GPO and DP3

I noticed that GPO doesn\'t support MAS, so as I understand it doesn\'t work on Digital performer 3 on OS9.
    I\'ll need something like AudioEase\'s VST Wrapper to use it as a VST or I have to update to DP4.
    can anyone confirm it?
    thanks
    Michael

Re: GPO and DP3

Yep!
    I noticed that too, because I\'m on OS9 and DP3 as you are.

I\'m new to this whole Virtual Orchestra thing but I believe we need to be a little more patient. The GPO library comes with somekind of an Native Instruments engine, they say Kontakt or most probably Kompakt. Now the instruments library of Kompakt (OS9.2 & OSX) itself can be imported into and read by Kontakt1.5 so I can deduce that it will also be the case with the GPO library - however Kontakt 1.5 is only available for MacOSX at the moment, but it will soon be available for OS9 - I was informed by the NI website - Check their downloads/upgrades pages.

As for myself I\'ve just installed Kontakt1.2 and it\'s working great within DP3 so my next move is to get the bargain purchase of Kompakt (99€ for Kontakt users) and install it. Then most probably the GPO library will be read or uploaded by either one or both (Kontakt or Kompakt) , who knows, I don\'t, we\'ll see! Cheers!

Originally posted by crr:
    I noticed that GPO doesn\'t support MAS, so as I understand it doesn\'t work on Digital performer 3 on OS9.
    I\'ll need something like AudioEase\'s VST Wrapper to use it as a VST or I have to update to DP4.
    can anyone confirm it?
    thanks
    Michael
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I asked this question when the GPO thread originated and Gary said he couldn\'t recommend using the VST Wrapper approach with DP3.

Rick

ok, thank you very much.
    Michael

Go Back to forum