• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Any GPO small ensemble demos on the way?

Share/Bookmark

Any GPO small ensemble demos on the way?

Has anyone put together a brief string quartet or trio piece?

Re: Any GPO small ensemble demos on the way?

There will definitely be more demos coming soon including many different chamber type pieces.

BTW, I just received the final version of GPO and noticed there are now 3 different solo violins and 3 different solo cellos plus the solo viola and solo double bass. Then you have the ensemble patches for each of these instruments. This will be great for chamber works and for divisi sections.

you lucky son of a gun! I\'m climbing the walls waiting for mine...I got a confirmation from Gary saying I was among the first to pre-order yet, but no emails nor credit card charges yet (this is one of the few times I\'m anxious to see a new charge on the bill!)

When I receive GPO I will try to set several of my string quartet movements to GPO, and if possible post them, or have Gary post them. However, I am not versitile in these programs, so I am not sure that my early attempts at recording them will be as good a quality as they might be in a year or so. And if not, I will not post them. But I have lots of string quartet and small ensemble music ready to go.

David

Thanks. I\'ll be looking forward to the posts.

I recommend that you sit down and play with the instruments for a few days to get familiar with the controllers especially in the string sections. Learn how to work with the legato mode and test the variability features with the brass. This time will pay off when you start to put pieces together.

I would also like larger film-score-like demos. Yes, I am one of the tacky users who creates tacky Hollywood-like thriller scores for the promotion of TV dramas and documentaries. I will be very pleased if GPO could allow me to crank out a useable treatment for music that might end up only in a commercial network radio spot full of VO and sound effects.

Are there any demos like this in the works?

I\'ve asked this before and I\'ll ask it again. What exactly is missing in the classical demos that leaves you with the slightest doubt that GPO can do \"Hollywood\" style music?

The instruments are the same, aren\'t they? I would think that, as a musician, you -- and everyone else here -- should be able to judge GPO by the demos that have been presented.

I\'ve asked this before and I\'ll ask it again. What exactly is missing in the classical demos that leaves you with the slightest doubt that GPO can do \"Hollywood\" style music?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What is missing is the great natural-sounding ambience (reverb). And the GPO demos have not yet demonstrated that the ensemble approach gives enough power for the tutti sections.

The Platinum(Gold too?) demos have demonstrated both of these points in superlative fashion.

However, the Platinum demos avoid melodic and/or legato passages, so we do not yet know if Platinum can pull them off without extensive midi cc curve drawing. (Polar Bear\'s \"sucking\" sound)

Everyone is waiting for GPO demos that use \"state-of-the-art\" (meaning today) convolution reverbs, and a little mastering, and waiting for melodic/legato passages in Gold/Platinum demos.

But what\'s the point? $249 for GPO. $295 for Silver.

For once, when the pros write - \"buy both\" - this is really possible. Maybe not all at once but eventually.

YBaCuO

I\'ll say this and I\'m pretty new to sample libraries, while the silver demo sounds a little \"fuller\", GPO definitely sounds like it\'d be a lot more expressive to work with, I\'m sure GPO could be \"fattened\" without much effort...my money is still with GPO...(and it\'s 50 clams less!)

Go Back to forum