• Register
  • Help

Topic: so... GPO and win98??

Share/Bookmark

so... GPO and win98??

anyone can tell me precisely if it\'s safe to run GPO on win98SE with 1GB of RAM?
    i dno\'t want to swithch to win2000 or XP because
    1) i own and use gigasampler, which don\'t run on those OS... and gigastudio upgrade would cost 200$..
    2) i have a video acquisition card which will not work on win2000/XP

Re: so... GPO and win98??

This is a tricky question as NI has never tested Kontakt with Windows 98 and doesn\'t plan to as it is an outdated OS. I\'ve used Kontakt in Windows 98 without any problems though but haven\'t tested the 1.5 version though or the Kontakt player. It looks like it is working on most users machines from the posts on the NI forum though.

maybe some words from Gary? ;-)

You\'d be better to look to Native Instruments for guidance. GPO will be constrained by that technology.

Bosone,

I\'m one of the beta testers and at least 2 of us have tested Kontakt on Windows 98. The player is built on Kontakt so things that don\'t work in Kontakt don\'t work in the player. It may work on all of the beta testers systems but we are such a small sampling of the true Kontakt world. Since the player is a NI supported product, their website (check out the forums) would be the best place for info.

Haydn

Originally posted by Haydn:
    I\'m one of the beta testers and at least 2 of us have tested Kontakt on Windows 98. The player is built on Kontakt so things that don\'t work in Kontakt don\'t work in the player.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">So your GPO worked on a Win 98 machine? Or are you saying GPO worked BUT not the full version of Kontakt worked on your 98 Machine?

The full version of Kontakt 1.5.1 apparently works well under Win 98 SE. However, loading beyond a certain memory limit, as announced by a warning, may lead to system instability and, possibly, OS corruption.
    Still under investigation.

Giorgio

I have only tested with 512 MB of RAM as that\'s all my P3 machine with Win 98 has.

Go Back to forum