• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO User Demo Posted (small string ensemble and english horn)

Share/Bookmark

GPO User Demo Posted (small string ensemble and english horn)

Hey guys,

www.alanjoseph.com/OktoberGPO.mp3

For all those asking for a small ensemble piece... This is a piece of mine rendered exclusively with GPO.

Enjoy!
    AL

Re: GPO User Demo Posted (small string ensemble and english horn)

WOW!!!! Alan that is AWESOME!!! I can\'t believe it..thanks for posting that...GRR! can\'t wait to get mine!

thank you very much Alan, can you tell us also what instruments you are using, what is your system and how much does it take to you to mix and things like that?
    Thanks, very good piece, I\'m still waiting my GPO!! GRRR

Hi, Alan, thanks so much.

Is this how they sound right out of the box. i.e., without reverb or other enhancements? I would have expected a dryer sound...

ed

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    Hey guys,

For all those asking for a small ensemble piece... This is a piece of mine rendered exclusively with GPO.

Enjoy!
    AL
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    Hey guys,

Enjoy!
    AL
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wow Al! Nice work! GPO is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I can\'t wait to get mine. I\'m getting inspired just listening to these sounds!!!

A hearty congratulations to Gary and Tom. You guys did a great job with this library. You guys have taken a quantum leap in the sampling world!! I can\'t wait for the choir!

Rick

Hi Alan,

Well done! I think you have just posted the world\'s first private-user piece ever produced by GPO. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It\'s not Beethovens 5th, but is nevertheless a very creditable effort as you seem to be in the same boat as me with respect to owning sample libraries. It\'s not as if you spent days on it either. To take it out of the box and put anything together in that sort of time is evidence that the often mentioned \'ease of use\' is no idle boast.

I look forward to hearing more.

I hope mine\'s on the boat!

Frank

Originally posted by Edi:
    Is this how they sound right out of the box. i.e., without reverb or other enhancements? I would have expected a dryer sound...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is with a little bit of Cubase SX\'s bundled reverb, but NO EQing or Compression or anything else...

This also contains NO expression (i.e: modulation, pitch-bend or anything) other than the Cubase reverb this is definetly \"Out-Of-The-Box\" sound!

AL

thx alan, the sound and also your composition is just cool and gave me another good point of view to look into the library i still don\'t have [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by crr:
    ...can you tell us also what instruments you are using, what is your system and how much does it take to you to mix and things like that?...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I used the solo Guarneri violin, solo viola and cello. The Venus harp, the English Horn 1, viola pizz and the bass pizz.

My system:
    Pentium 4 2.4Ghz w/ 533mHz FSB
    768MB RDRAM PC1066
    180GB HDD
    DVD+RW / CD-RW
    Flat Panel LCD

M-Audio Active Reference Monitors
    STAudio C-Port 8-in/8-out multiclient soundcard

All the programming was done thru 2 instances of GPO running in Cubase SX as a VSTi...

I\'ve never had a sample library before GPO and DIVA and was able to create this in just a couple of hours, programming was VERY easy.

System resources were low, no popping or skipping or anything, and I don\'t even have the required amount of RAM! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

AL

thank you very much, now I want mine!!!!!!!!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast