• Register
  • Help

Topic: Forte Overlays

Forte Overlays

Hello everyone!

Please, excuse my ignorance but, what are \"forte overlay\" instruments intended for? Are they intended to overlay above the standard instrument to add saturation to, for example, brass instruments?

Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Forte Overlays

The forte overlays have one purpose only - to add the realism of a true f or ff sample for enhanced realism, or extra punch. Typically you layer it on top of the base instrument, or section (group of ensemble instruments), as the case may be.

So there are no true f or ffs in the other section samples????!

Originally posted by Jesse Hopkins:
    So there are no true f or ffs in the other section samples????!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Your question is not clear. Do you mean to ask about the brass instruments specifically? As far as I can see, brass is constructed of \"individual players\" and the overlays are for the occasional \"bigger than life\" sound. I haven\'t gotten into a part that might require that, but it\'s nice to have it for big \"tutti\" sections, if I\'m thinking of it correctly.

As far as I know, the only section samples in GPO come from the the strings, and even then there\'s a huge assortment of solo instruments - so again I\'m not clear on your question.

Go Back to forum