• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO causes GUI bug in Logic 6.3.1

Share/Bookmark

GPO causes GUI bug in Logic 6.3.1

From what I\'ve heard in my short time with GPO everything sounds really good. I\'m not an orchestral guy per se so I\'ll refrain from posting an in depth review.

GPO is working in DP 4.11. Haven\'t done a lot of fiddling but it loads and plays. It loads and plays in Logic 6.3.1 too but it creates a bug in the Arrange page. The mouse is a bit erratic in seleting an instrument track. When I remove GPO from the components folder all is back to normal. This is on an MDD 1.25, 2gb ram, OS10.2.6. It may of course just be my system, which is loaded with Kontakt 1.51, Spectrasonics suite, Reason....

Another thing that I\'m wondering about is what to do with the Ambience folder.

One more observation is that there appears to be no way to play legato. (at least I\'m not seeing it) This could be a \"what do you want for $249?\" kind of thing, and that\'s fine. Trust me, I\'m not complaining, just curious if it can be done.

Thank you Gary and team for coming up with an amazing product at an amazing price. This does exactly what it says it does. Namely, puts an orchestra in the hands of anyone even remotely serious. (that would be me)

Re: GPO causes GUI bug in Logic 6.3.1

To play legato you need to click on \"Options\". Then change the sustain pedal to \"No Sustain/Sostenuto Operation, but MIDI Controller\".

You may want to check the NI forum or contact NI regarding the bug in Logic issue.

From the little that I\'ve read in the Kontakt forum at NI, it seems that the latest versions of Logic and Kontakt don\'t get along so well. This is not a good sign for us Logic users... I hope I won\'t get nasty surprises when I get GPO, as I really want to have fun with it! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by esteso:
    One more observation is that there appears to be no way to play legato. (at least I\'m not seeing it)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Check the manual - page 32 - under \"3. Sustain Pedal\" - Legato - Playing Smoothly and Evenly

I\'m glad you guys have nothing better to do on Thanksgiving weekend too! Oh that\'s right, Ned, you\'re in Montreal right? So no turkey for you.

Hadyn, sorry for being thick but after I select that option what do I do? It sounds the same with me trying to use the sustain pedal for a midi controller but I\'m using a digital piano and the midi functions are really limited. It\'s quite possible that the pedal cannot be used as midi control. I\'ll check, but is this what you mean?

(edit) I just noticed that there\'s no way for me to select another pedal mode so I thought that maybe my digital piano doesn\'t send controller messages via pedal. But that doesn\'t make sense \'cause it works as a sustain pedal in other piano libraries.

Ned, I haven\'t seen the bugs that people are talking about vis a vis Logic. Kontakt 1.5 and 1.51 both work for me although, as usual, I haven\'t dug deeply into the feature set. At any rate, this is the first bug I\'ve seen in Logic and it\'s not really a showstopper. All you have to do is click one up or down from the actual track you want selected. It\'s annoying but not a big deal. If it is a real bug I\'m sure Gary will be on it before you can say \"Stradivarius\"

Oh, did I mention this library sounds fantastic (at any price)

PS Houston, thanks for politely mentioning I should probably RTFM!

Originally posted by esteso:
    Ned, I haven\'t seen the bugs that people are talking about vis a vis Logic. Kontakt 1.5 and 1.51 both work for me although, as usual, I haven\'t dug deeply into the feature set.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well then, there\'s hope after all! Yeah, no turkey for us. But hey, at least we can say we truly make... northern sounds! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Once Kontakt is registered, it will work fine. However, there is a known problem if you have DFD enabled.
    Chris

It\'s a good idea to update to the latest version of Logic ... 6.3.2. The \'GUI shift bug\' that happens with NI\'s Kontakt family of app\'s goes away with this fix to Logic. This was a Kontakt/Kontakt player/Logic problem, not a GPO library bug, and NI is aware of it. Also, as already mentioned, register the player immediately.

Multiple outs from a Kontakt instance work in Logic, but NI is still working on fixing their code for multiple outputs from Kontakt in DP4.11.

Trond

I have Logic 6.3.2, and I registered GPO immediately. Still have the \"GUI shift bug\", where you gotta click one button above the one you actually need! And transport graphics disappears! Weird!

Well, I will check if I have DFD turned off! Any other tips are appreciated!

Falling in love with those GPO woodwinds!

Thanks!

Originally posted by Malo:
    Falling in love with those GPO woodwinds!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Let\'s hear \'em, Malo! Do you have anything already that you could adapt with your new woodwinds? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum