• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Where does the Ambience plug go?

Share/Bookmark

Where does the Ambience plug go?

Swear to God I read the manual this time but there is no ambience \"help\" folder on my disk AFAIK. Where does this little baby go for 10.2.6? I threw the whole folder in my components folder but no go. Maybe the separate items into components? I don\'t know what else makes sense.

thanks

PS I\'m beginning to wonder if my installation is causing some of these problems. I didn\'t select \"custom installation\" for AU so maybe there\'s a spare piece or two floating around causing trouble.

Re: Where does the Ambience plug go?

I\'m out of town and going by memory, but as I recall there is a readme inside the ambience folder that tells you where the plug goes. NOT the whole folder, just the plug ...

Trond

Thanks for the reply. There\'s no read me file in my neck of the woods though, so I have no clue where to put it other than the components folder. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

If it\'s the AU ambience, then you\'re right, it goes in ..../audio/components - but only the AU plug, not the whole ambience folder.

Well if that\'s the case it doesn\'t work then. That\'s just what I did. It\'s not labelled as an AU though, it just says \"ambience 1\" and \"ambience 2\" and they don\'t show up in Logic or DP.

Cheers

Esteso,

Email Gary (gary@harps.com) regarding the AU version.

Jim

http://www.smartelectronix.com/~magnus/
    This is the site of the developer who makes the Ambience plugin.

According to the info there, the OSX AU version of his plug doesn\'t have a GUI yet. Not sure if that\'s part of your problem or not.

Just been to the site, some nice little plugins on there.

Just curious if anyone has any more light to shed on this topic. I also discovered only two files when opening up the Ambience folder: \"Ambience\" and \"Ambience.1\" I am also at a loss for any read-me support documents or indication in the manual as to which folder these files - both? - ought to go. I\'m installing on a mac, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thoughts? Bueller?

Hey. Same problem with Ambience for me too!! I\'m using Sonar3. Rumor has it the AMbience plugin .dll is supposed to be used as a vst plugin for SOnar. Put the .dll file into your VST plugin folder!

Go Back to forum