• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Piano in GPO?

Piano in GPO?

I can understand that those who have received GPO do not want to post demos yet because this is a big program.

But what about a nice little piano solo? This should only take a few minutes to create, no? There have been several nice EW Silver grand piano solo demos posted, and it sounded amazingly good considering how small the samples must be. I would love to hear Gary\'s piano all by itself! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Piano in GPO?

No piano players out there? I\'m a bass player and even I could play a few quick bars! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What\'s with the no demos around here? Everybody and their dog were fighting over what program they were going to get and how superior their choice was!!!! Yet no one that\'s received GPO (cause frickin\' Silver hasn\'t shipped yet!) can post a few simple demos of a simple piano or string patch? Just play a few notes (Here I\'ll give \'em to ya. \"E. A, E, A, C\") There you go, not much, but easy for us to hear how the individual instruments sound. Heck, I\'m an ex-drummer and I might even manage that!!! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I\'m also interested in hearing the piano in the Personal Orchestra. I\'m torn between the EWQLSO and the GPO like many others. Being a pianist, the piano sounds would probably be a determining factor in chosing one over the other.

Tell you what, if i win it iwill sort you some piano demos out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Here are two played completely dry. The MIDI file was pulled from a public domain site and played directly into the GPO Steinway Grand instrument without modification. All performances were rendered directly from the virtual instrument as an mp3 file from Nuendo.

GPO Steinway - Slow (96kbps mp3)

GPO Steinway - Fast (96kbps mp3)

No tweaking, no reverb, no excuses.

Here\'s a quick and dirty demo, dry sample, some reverb added:

Thanks to both Houston and Rob for their efforts to give those of us still waiting on their personal copies of GPO a taste of what\'s in the package.

The piano does sound excellent . . . won\'t replace my sampled Boesendorfer in MachFive, but it\'s quite good.

Both sets of demos sound great. Just out of curiosity--is there any way to tell how large the sample set is for this piano?

It really puts The Grand in perspective, although I\'m not sure it\'s fair to criticize The Grand too harshly, since it was an early VSTI. Still, this obviously smaller multisample sounds better to me than the mp3s of The Grand that I\'ve heard.

And after hearing these demos, I really won\'t be able to resist buying GPO.

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Both sets of demos sound great. Just out of curiosity--is there any way to tell how large the sample set is for this piano?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The player shows it as having just over 250MB of samples. I\'ve never heard the Grand, so I can\'t compare from personal experience. But, I know that I like what I hear.

Go Back to forum