• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Exchange/Club/Dedicated Forum

Share/Bookmark

Re: GPO Exchange/Club/Dedicated Forum

Your thought is to put this on another host, so we could exchange midi files and demos? Sounds great.

I wish someone would\\could do this for other libraries, here, too--it would be great to be able to post user demos of all the pianos, for example, with everyone being able to contribute. Would take up a lot of the host\'s storage allowance, though.

Blimey Alan, you don\'t hang around do you! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I certainly can\'t say it\'s not a great idea but I\'m not sure whether it might be better here or at Garritan.com or somewhere else. If you set it up first then I guess it\'s yours by default.

Go for it, you\'ve obviously got the necessary skills and drive by the looks of it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Frank

Originally posted by Jake Johnson:
    Your thought is to put this on another host, so we could exchange midi files and demos? Sounds great...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Exactly, with a dedicated user forum for GPO!

I would host what I could, I would ask that those that have space to please host their own to save space for those that don\'t... but I think that with everyone using the same lib we could host more midi files than audio files...

AL

Yup, and I could host some of the files too, if you\'d run out of space, Alan.
    I REALLY like this idea. Now if only I\'d have GPO in my paws yet...

Booldy Cats! They\'re at the bottom of everything. I blame them too!

Frnak

GPO Exchange/Club/Dedicated Forum

For those that don\'t \'surf\' NS, please read at least the first page of this:

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006419

The club/exchange that is mentioned sounds like a good idea... I was wondering what you guys thought about it?

I am in the process of redesigning my personal site (www.alanjoseph.com) and could incorporate an Exchange/Forum area for dedicated GPO users like myself, and I know Gary is EXTREMELY busy currently trying to fill everyones order that we could then offer user support to each other instead of twenty of us all e-mailing Gary with the same questions/concerns. Instead we could do like a weekly newsletter or something that was e-mailed to Mr. Garritan and all of the members of the GPOExchange.

Let me know what you guys think... I\'ll mention it to Mr. Garritan and get his views on it as well.

AL

Very good idea

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    Booldy Cats! They\'re at the bottom of everything. I blame them too!

Frnak
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes! And my cat can also play a piano! And the worst thing is: he\'s a better pianist than me!
    Waaaahhh!

If you open the help screen on the NIK player, you\'ll see five tabs across the top of that screen - About, Register, Update, Forum, Support. On the \"Forum\" tab, there\'s a button that says ENTER GG FORUM which, when followed, looks quite promising. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

How about a Yahoo Groups discussion list? Something called, maybe, GPO-Users. That way we can trade info via email and not have to deal with a forum.

Just a thought. Oh, what the heck. Go here if you\'re interested:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gpo-users/ or subscribe by sending an email to gpo-users-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Go Back to forum