• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: string quartet demo-Canon

string quartet demo-Canon

Alright I just got GPO yesterday and found this midi file on the net (I WISH I could program this good!) anyways I just thought I\'d render it and put it up, sounds pretty good to me, this is with nothing done to it, just loaded the midi file and assigned the instruments 2 violins, a viola and a bass (or did I use a cell0?) anyways here you go, it\'s canon2

Re: string quartet demo-Canon

Is it just me, or does the intonation give anyone else the willies once you get to about halfway through the piece?

With all respect for your intentions, but I think this demo will scare away people from this library. I think it sounds terrible...

I don\'t like animal cruelty. Especially not to cats.

(Not dissing the library here, just the rendition - and the viola tuning).

It sounds like General Midi.

Originally posted by JudasCloud:
    It sounds like General Midi.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Did this general compose Canons? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Can\'t wait to hear his War Suite

it sounds to me like this is just a very poorly programmed midi file. No dynamics and no feel (tempo-wise). One thing that erked me the most was the tremelo, and how it is just the same for every note. Horrible. There\'s a way to vary that with controls, right? I must say, though, the actual sound of the individual notes are very good, just not in the context of the intire song. And yeah, very poorly mixed ...

Hi dorme1,

There seems to be some problems in this demo file. The problems might be caused by some setting in your sequencer or bad information in the midi file you used.

I\'m doing a run through all the solo string patches now just to be sure a bug wasn\'t introduced into the player with one of the last NI updates. Could you email to me the patches you used - jeff@marblesound.com? This would be a great help.

Reminds me of my best friend getting stood up at the alter - don\'t know why.....

I wonder if he recieved a pm from some one on the Garritan team telling him to take it down...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast