• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Quick & Dirty GPO Demo

Share/Bookmark

Quick & Dirty GPO Demo

Finally got a chance to sit down with GPO. Here\'s a quick and dirty demo I did using a few instruments. Took me about 20 mins, used GPO through SONAR, mixed in Vegas, using Ozone 3:

Yeah, I know it\'s short and kinda weird, but...

Re: Quick & Dirty GPO Demo

Great for 20 minutes. Sounds like you\'re on your way to \'Hollywood\'!!

Frank

Yes! Very nice. I think we can see the potential here. I could have used this library yesterday and today.
    Nice work Rob.
    J

Thanks, guys. I actually HATE the timpani (not GPO\'s timpani, just what *I\'ve* done with it), and if I had 20 more minutes, I\'d probably remove it or drastically change it... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Of course, if I had twenty more minutes, there might be some actual substance to this piece. But I think it illustrates GPO\'s POTENTIAL.

Rob,

Very cool demo, lended some inspiration for the piece I am currently working on.

Was this just to illustrate GPO or is this for a project?

AL

Did you use both the right and left hand hits for the timpani? Try playing with the sensitivity settings on your keyboard controller. Then add some more reverb.

Alan,

I was just goofing around, but except the timpani and cymbal, I kind of liked what I came up with and will probably expand on it. Has a kind of Jeff Beal feel to it (not to insult Jeff Beal [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ).

Originally posted by Haydn:
    Did you use both the right and left hand hits for the timpani? Try playing with the sensitivity settings on your keyboard controller. Then add some more reverb.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I just threw the timpani in for the heck of it after I\'d finished playing around with everything else. I\'m pretty sure I can get a MUCH better sound out of it, but at this point I think I\'ll replace it altogether when I have time to sit down and mull it over.

What most impressed me was the ease of using GPO. I was able to concentrate on the doodle rather than spend all my time hunting for samples.

Originally posted by robgb:
    What most impressed me was the ease of using GPO. I was able to concentrate on the doodle rather than spend all my time hunting for samples.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">As I said on one of the other threads:

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by keytar:
    I am surprised that you guys aren\'t yelling about how quick and easy it was to make your first tune, isn\'t this supposed to be the selling point??
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">GPO - QUICKER AND EASIER THAN MY LAST GIRLFRIEND! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

AL
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

The timpani sounds okay to me. The brass so-so. The pizz was nice. The ensemble winds occasionally had the dreaded accordian sound, but not near as bad as, say, GM500. Great work for 20 minutes!

No doubt, GPO is the one-stop shopping solution. I can\'t wait to receive mine. It\'ll be great to fill all of the gaps in my current collection of instruments. Even if some of the instruments aren\'t exceptional, none sound bad. It should blend well with my existing and future instruments.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast