• Register
  • Help

Topic: legato-sustain

Share/Bookmark

legato-sustain

hi,
    yesterday I recived my GPO, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] , and I looked at the manual and I started using it with a midi file I did this summer in cubase SL.
    I tried to use the sustain to control the legato but I noticed that when I try to change the sustain options in the Kontakt option nothing change. Can anyone help me?
    Another litte problem. Can anyone tell me how Gpo works as an audio unit? I tried to use Overture Se (very beautiful program) but I couldn\'t find GPO.
    And at the end I found a problem with Kontakt player loading the intrument. If I load for example two first violins and a viola I immediatly reached my CPU limit, but if I load the preset \"quartet\" (violin solo gagliano, pizzicato gagliano, violin solo stradivari, pizz stardivari, viola solo, viola solo pizz, cello solo, cello solo pizz) I don\'t have problem with cpu, why?
    I\'m working on mac os X with Cubase SL
    thanks
    Michael

PatS

Re: legato-sustain

I tried to use the sustain to control the legato but I noticed that when I try to change the sustain options in the Kontakt option nothing change. Can anyone help me?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is a known display problem in the GUI. The pedal mode that you selected is enabled, but Kontakt Player doesn\'t display the change. A fix should be available soon.

Another litte problem. Can anyone tell me how Gpo works as an audio unit? I tried to use Overture Se (very beautiful program) but I couldn\'t find GPO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You\'ll need to load the Personal Orchestra Kontakt Player into a VST host program such as Bidule or V-STACK, which will advertise the Personal Orchestra MIDI port to Overture and any other MIDI application.

And at the end I found a problem with Kontakt player loading the intrument. If I load for example two first violins and a viola I immediatly reached my CPU limit, but if I load the preset \"quartet\" (violin solo gagliano, pizzicato gagliano, violin solo stradivari, pizz stardivari, viola solo, viola solo pizz, cello solo, cello solo pizz) I don\'t have problem with cpu, why?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Disable the reverb in Kontakt Player for each instrument (turn the reverb knob to the right, then turn it back to 0). The built-in reverb is a glutton. Use instead the Ambience plug-in or any other reverb plug-in within Cubase.

Pat

PatS

Insert a CC64 message (value=127) into the Cubase track just before the legato passage. Insert another CC64 message (value=0) at the end of the passage to disable the pedal.

Pat

ok thank you very much this evening I\'ll try it
    Michael

thank you very much Pats.
    I thought GPO could work as an audio unit in Mac os x without extra programs, now I\'ll see the programs you indicated.
    thanks
    Michael

Make sure you select the \'Dry\' versions of the programs. The \'Wet\' versions insert a reverb for each instrument which uses a large amount of CPU.

crr-

Try using the \"Dry\" samples instead of the \"Wet\".
    CPU use really drops to about 1/10th of what it is when you use the wet samples.

-John

PatS

Sorry, I forgot that the final release separates the instruments into \"Dry\" and \"Wet\" (I\'m still using a beta release). Use the \"Wet\" instruments only for auditioning instruments, and run the \"Dry\" instruments through a reverb plug-in for production.

Pat

PatS

Hey, Samarco:

I just noticed that you\'re a stone\'s throw away from me (well, an hour\'s drive perhaps). If you\'re ever in Santa Barbara, give me a holler.

Pat

ok, thank you very much.
    I use Gpo with cubase Sl 1 without a keyboard so will manually put the sustain to do the legato feautre for strings. What is the option I have to select?
    Thanks
    Michael

Go Back to forum