• Register
  • Help

Topic: Summer Fun.

Share/Bookmark

Summer Fun.

I’ve been spending a lot of time outside this summer as it’s been the sunniest Western Washington summer in many, many years. It looks like our North West U.S. rain is returning shortly so I'll start playing with my music making toys once again.

Here’s a picture I took monday on my second hike this summer to Lake Of The Angels in the Olympic Mountains. It’s been my weekly fix to do a day hike. I hiked to the top of the ridge above the lake which is called St. Peter’s Gate. This is one of the most difficult trails in the Olympics, what actual trail there is with moderate climbing required on a few head walls. The back side of that ridge drops down several hundred feet which makes it a little stressful because it’s pretty narrow along the top.

View of the other side of St. Peter’s Gate.

This is a YouTube video of some folks traversing the Bailey Range which is a group of mountains and peaks that arc around Mount Olympus which is the center piece of the Olympics with it’s six glaciers. It’s the ultimate Olympic Mountains hike and a big commitment. Maybe next year.

Re: Summer Fun.

Thanks for the post, lovely pictures, and congrats for your good shape to make hikes like this.
    Who composed the music on the video? Sounds Chinese some places and very nice...

Thanks again, and start your music!

Ted

These are some awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. It's been a while since I seen a mountain. I will be getting some good snow soon!

Also, nice video. It really looks like beautiful place. I live in Winnipeg, Canada. You don't see that here. :P

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Thanks for the post, lovely pictures, and congrats for your good shape to make hikes like this.
    Who composed the music on the video? Sounds Chinese some places and very nice...

Thanks again, and start your music!

Ted
    Hi Ted,

Someone asked the poster about the music in the comments but got no reply. I'd say it's a Chinese symphonic recording.

Go Back to forum