• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone know how to change the SBlive Driver from WDM to VXD?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone know how to change the SBlive Driver from WDM to VXD?

Hello all,

I am new to the Gigasampler arena. I can not for the life of me change my drivers from WDM to VXD. I am running in a Gateway with Windows ME. I am using SBlive(value).
    So far I have tried to disable \"and\" remove the origional devices and then ran the driver program for sbl9x. No good. When I restart the computer, it configures with the WDM driver again. According to Creative there is nothing they can do (surprise), however, Nemesys has been helping me quite a bit and they have no idea either. I am trying to avoid buting another sound card.

If I try and start the program I get a Code:60000 which tells me my sound card isn\'t compatible, when I hit OK, I then get another error telling me that GS caused ad an error in EWCTL32.DLL followed by the ussual close and restart message.

Any help would be \"Greatly\" appreciated.

Nick

Re: Anyone know how to change the SBlive Driver from WDM to VXD?

Hi.

I\'ve been using the SBLive! Value card with GS160 for a while with good results. I downloaded the latest driver from www.soundblaster.com. I only installed the drivers, not all the other stuff. I don\'t remeber what type of driver it is, but GS160 doesn\'t complain about it.

Ron

why do you want to change your drivers from
    WDM to VXD?
    Did someone tell you this is what you needed to do?
    How old is the sblive?Are you installing with the disc that came with the card or have you gotten new drivers somewhere?
    Please elaborate a little more on specifics and I might be able to offer a suggestion.
    Thanks,
    Porpherio

Nemesys told me that the driver has to be .vxd. The sound card is an OEM card from gateway. I recieved it in December. If you can help me resolve this I would be forever greatful.

Thanks,
    Nick

Actually, Vxd and WDM drivers are not interchangeable in any way. The WDM driver is one essentially written for the NT4/Win2000 driver model. It works on the 9x platform because the \'wrapper\' NTKERN.VxD makes the driver think it\'s running on NT/Win2000. I think I have one of the latest and last Vxd driver EXE\'s, but I\'ll have to check. Email me for it.

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

Have you downloaded and ran SBLWMEDrv.exe from the creative website?
    Do you have an EAX control panel on your computer?

Go Back to forum