• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Sonar

Re: GPO and Sonar

One or more of the beta team members uses Sonar, I\'m sure you\'ll get a helpful response from him once he sees your post.

In the meantime, since you describe problems with latency, as well as crashing, I suspect maybe your latency setting in the NI Kontakt Player needs to be adjusted. Open the standalone Kontakt player, and then the setup menu, audio tab. On my PC, I have this set to 5 ms, and I notice no latency. Where are you set at present? Is it a reasonable number in relation to Sonar\'s buffer setting? Your soundcard?

There should be no problem having the standalone and the plugin versions of the Kontakt player installed at the same time, I\'ve done this on both my PC and Mac systems. I don\'t use both at once, however.

Hope this helps,

Chandler, Arizona

Definitely try the standalone version first and set your latency to match your sound card. Are you using WDM or ASIO drivers?

You can have both the standalone and plugins installed with no problems.

I have my latency settings in Sonar set pretty low without problems. Are you setup as 16 or 24 bit. If 24 bit, then make sure DMA Buffer Size is set at 3. If still having problems then reprofile your sound card.

I\'m actually using the VST plugin as the DXi version has a tempo change bug that NI is aware of (this bug affects all of their programs as DXi plugins). One other thing, are you using a reverb plugin at the same time? I\'ve had a couple crashes when doing fast edits after hitting stop and the reverb trail was going.

Thanks for the suggestions. Resetting the latency in both Kontakt and Sonar has helped significantly. I have had to set them fairly low in order to keep up with faster tempi.

I must say that I am quite p;leased with GPO and am looking forward to exploring it more thoroughly.

David M.

Thanks for the reply. Sonar is set to 4 ms and is using the default drivers. It\'s set at 16 bit. Kontakt and the echo sound card are using ASIO drivers at 4 ms. I\'m assuming that part of the problem is the drivers. The profiler will not run now without reporting an error.

It did not report an error priot to installing Kontakt.

Thanks for the quick help help.

David M

GPO and Sonar

Hi: If I could get some help with apparent problems I\'m having running GPO as a plug in inside Sonar.

I have a Pentium IV 2.0 ghz with 2gig of ram. I have been running Sonar 3 with Giga for awhile with few difficulties. I installed GPO - first as a stand alone and now as a Dxi inside Sonar and it just doesn\'t want to work well at all. My system has crashed repeatedly and often the green audio running light in Sonar suddenly goes off and the sound stops. It won\'t respond further. The latency is bad enough that I just can\'t use the controller keyboard to play in real time at all.

I have had no prior experience with plug ins and wonder if I have made a mistake in installing GPO or perhaps if I shoud not have both the stand alone and plug inversions installed at the same time.

Any possible suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know that some of you are using GPO and Sonar3 successfully.

Thanks a lot for any help.

David M.

Trond and Haydn:

Thanks again for your prompt responses to my questions about Sonar3/GPO.

Unfortunately I had to be admitted to the hospital for a few days and was not able to proceed to implement the suggestions fully. Hopefully this week I can get back to work with GPO and with your help begin functioning more productively.

Thanks again for your help.

David M.

Go Back to forum