• Register
  • Help

Topic: It will be hard to wait : no GPO before january !

Share/Bookmark

Re: It will be hard to wait : no GPO before january !

I had ordered from Bestservice at November 19th. They were silent since then (besides sending me a confirmation). Sent them an e-mail a week ago, but no response...
    Seems like we are in the same boat. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I suppose I will be waiting a long time too, and I live in Idaho, just one state next to Gary! The reason for the wait is to fix all the bugs, most of them the fault of Native Instruments. I told Gary I would rather wait and get the product after the intial wrinkles are worked out, than risk a poor first impression with GPO. So come on, we are all adults. We can surely wait and not pressure Gary to come out sooner with a buggy product.

Yeah, I don\'t mind waitin at all. Gives me more reason to brush up on those sheet writin skills [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It will be hard to wait : no GPO before january !

Patience has never been my main quality...
    So this news is very hard for me : I just learnt from the european distributor where I ordered GPO that there is no hope to receive it/see it/touch it/play it/hear it in my headphones, before january !...
    Are you many here in the same boat ?
    I know, it\'s very selfish of me, but I believe I could stand this long wait better if I knew I\'m not alone !
    heve a merry XMas anyway !

Actually - after hearing the demos I would not mind the bugs. I am just dying to get this asap. I have to do music for a one act play based on the book Tom jones - and I need the harpsichords! Will need this within the next few weeks. I really don\'t mind waiting for Gary to catch up on the shipping, but the product has been released and I ordered a month ago. In any case, I know every decision made by Garritan is done with the best intentions. so i can wait if need be...but I would love to get my hands on those harpsichord sounds

Does GPO have a good harpsichord sound? I\'ve not heard it yet...

Originally posted by nexus:
    So come on, we are all adults. We can surely wait and not pressure Gary to come out sooner with a buggy product.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">---------------------------
    Well, it does not sound illegitimate to me that even adults may feel like having a nice gift for their XMas...
    It\'s not a matter of pressuring anyone, and certainly not the very nice person whose is reponsible for the creation of this attractive library.
    I only wish I could have it shortly, even if I will not lose my sleep on the delayed shipping. On the other hand, if expressing one\'s desires is a sign of being childish and immature, well, I\'ll live with that... and I will not lose my sleep on it either.

Uh.. didn\'t you know?
    You don\'t become an adult until you\'re twice your age? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Does GPO have a good harpsichord sound? I\'ve not heard it yet
    yes there was a post about a week ago with 3 demos and they are quite nice

\"Does GPO have a good harpsichord sound? I\'ve not heard it yet \"

Yes, very good from what I\'ve heard, but it\'s different than the juiced-up electric harpsichord sound so prevalent in many romplers. Very realistic, but some users may be dissapointed by it\'s naked authenticity.

Go Back to forum