• Register
  • Help

Topic: MidiControllers - A list and lesson please!

Share/Bookmark

MidiControllers - A list and lesson please!

Originally posted by kensuguro:
    You can\'t set ADSR in kontakt player. Maybe in kontakt. But you don\'t have to worry about ADSR envelopes because you\'re going to draw in most of your envelopes with CC#1 anyway.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ve been using hardware and software for a lot of years now .. but i i dont think i\'ve been using cc#1. Is there a lot of those midicontrollers that can be used for GPO? If so, what do they do and where are they usable?

Can a genius give me a little guide? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Please?

Re: MidiControllers - A list and lesson please!

The main controllers are:

CC#1 - Modulation - This controls volume and timbre.

CC#64 - Sustain Pedal - This controls either sustain for instruments such as piano, harp or it controls the legato mode for instruments such as strings, woodwinds and brass.

CC#20 - Portamento - This is the glide control which comes in handy on trombone and string slides.

There are a couple other controllers used for intonation and brightness but I\'m at work and don\'t have the CC numbers for them.

Hi Haydn, what about expression, CC-7? Or does CC-1 take care of this? I sometimes get confused between the standard CC specs and what a particular lib/program is designed to respond to.

CC1 takes the place of CC7. You can still use CC7 to set your general volume and CC11 to set your pan position. To do this, open up the options and check the option for CC7/CC11.

Typo alarm! :-)
    Haydn typed cc11, but he meant cc10 for pan. cc11 is for expression controller, not used in GPO instruments.

Trond

Thanks Guys. I made a mistake too as I meant to type; expression, CC11 - but typing expression, CC7 (main volume) still works in this context. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I need help in this area too.

The solo violins have legato and ALT bowstrokes. How do you control ALT bowstrokes? How does GPO know you want legato vs ALT bowstrokes?

Is it a different choice in Pedal Mode?

Go Back to forum