• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nuendo Users?

Nuendo Users?

I came home last night to find Nuendo 2 and Halion 2 waiting on my doorstep. Joy. After a few minutes of clicking through the interface on Nuendo, I finally figured out how to get it running with GPO. But I feel I\'ve barely tapped the potential of the application.

Is anyone out there using Nuendo? I\'m curious to know what you think of it, what you consider its strengths and weaknesses to be.

Re: Nuendo Users?

Congrats Rob,

I don\'t have Nuendo, but the guys I know who do, LOVE IT!

You\'ll have to let me know what you think of it, I have Cubase SX 2 and have always considered upgrading, but never had the time or money... but I\'m getting more into the film stuff and I understand Nuendo throws most of its weight around there...

It\'s the best sequencer out there, period. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Flame-baiting aside, it has some really nice features over Cubase SX 2, which includes broader multi-channel support and a nice convolution off-line processor called \"Acoustic Stamp\", with which I\'m still learning to get good results.

I have a 5.1 system and a separate 2.1 monitoring system, and run both off of my main machine. In a pinch, I\'ve figured out a way to make it into a combined 7.1 system, by routing the LFE from speakers 1 & 2 to the 5.1 bus (inside Nuendo) and re-positioning speakers. SWEET!

For sequencing, I consider it to be on par with Cubase SX, which I hold in very high regard - and with its inclusion of scoring features, means that I pretty much don\'t bother to choose one over the other except where multi-channel mixing is concerned. I\'ve pretty much send Cubase SX 2 to my second PC and have tied the two machines via VST System Link -- but since I got GPO, I haven\'t gotten off of PC 1 yet. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I expect that I\'ll be doing some multiple PC work in the coming weeks, especially over Christmas vacation.

As a side note - I consider HALion2 to be the best softsampler on the market. Put your asbestos underoos on, boys... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

but nuendo 2 is not better than cubase sx 2.0 bugwise [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

not yet anyways [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum