• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Jeremy Soule you're my hero

Share/Bookmark

Jeremy Soule you\'re my hero

Most of you that are familiar with Mr Soules music may be aware that he uses Garys Strings in much of his work. Well after many many people have begged and pleaded with him he decided to make a CD finally with some of the music in his games and even from a live concert he did. Origanly scheduled to come out in October he ran into few small issues that delayed his release, and upon stumbling to his website today to see whats new, what a neat surprise!! To anyone that had preordered the cd before 1 December he is now sending it to us for FREE! What a sweet Christmas preasant!

Thanks Jeremy
    and thanks Gary for such a great library! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Jeremy Soule you\'re my hero

[Edit]:

AL

Jeremy Soule has captured the essence of John Williams great style of scoring like no other composer before him, and he has done it while putting his own subtle touch on it. I expect him to soon be the next \'A\' class film composer. So good to hear he has an album out!

Originally posted by žETH:
    Most of you that are familiar with Mr Soules music may be aware that he uses Garys Strings in much of his work. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">žETH,

Jeremy also uses GPO. Here\'s a picture of Jeremy on the beach in Vancouver. Now this is composing in style!

That is the geekiest thing I think I have ever seen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hah, agreed. I love Jeremy Soule but that\'s just ridiculous. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Not in a bad way though!

I wish he\'d have some more music uploaded to the net, like in the old days. I\'m not really in touch with his work at the moment and listening to the backround stuff on his website, well I\'d like to be! Maybe I\'ll just pick up that album then.

What are you guys talking about, this is awesome!

Cool pic Gary...

AL

When I picture someone composing on a beach, I think of a bunch of skimpy bikini clad females roaming around behind the composer!!

If you\'ve never painted on an easle at the shore line, or taken a guitar to the lake and just played for the heck of it, you\'ll never ever understand how incredible it feels to be out in the world and free to create. We are tethered to our technology, and the freedom that the picture represents is something that has been unavailable to anyone except hip-hop junkies and DJ wanna-be\'s.

You guys should be taking notes. You\'re looking at the future... and Garritan has brought it here to us today.

Fine! Yeah you guys have a point. The pic shows how portable an entire symphony orchestra can be and what freedom we are given these days.

It\'s certainly much cooler than dragging an entire rack of AMD\'s on the beach and starting to play with a bad casio-patch while it starts to rain. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum