• Register
  • Help

Topic: why is GOP better than a sample CD?

Share/Bookmark

why is GOP better than a sample CD?

Yes, I am a newbie and I\'m looking at getting GOP and I was wondering why it\'s better than a nice orchestral sample CD. I\'ve looked through the past posts and learned a lot, but I want to be sure I\'m getting a good deal here and I don\'t know the details.

I also saw that a lot of MAC users had a few bugs with GOP and Logic, is this still happening or have the bugs been fixed in recent upgrades? I\'ll be using Logic 6. Thank you for your time!

J

Re: why is GOP better than a sample CD?

One big reason is the programming and the fact that it comes with it\'s own sample player.

With other libraries you\'d have to invest in, not only a higher priced lib, but also the notation software, sequencer and most importantly, the sampler. All of these would add up quickly. However, with GPO you get it all in one package.

The sounds can be played and programmed simply by what comes with them, nothing else is required.

However, in the future, as you do buy more powerful sequencers and samplers, GPO\'s sounds can be used by those. So it grows with you.

AL

GPO itself is a set of samples for kontakt. GPO comes with kontakt player, and cubasis. So it comes with all you need to use GPO samples. Essentially tho, GPO is a sample CD for kontakt. Bugs still remain to be fixed.

In your setup, you can just load kontakt player into logic as VSTi and you\'ll be ready to go.

Originally posted by Alan Lastufka:
    However, in the future, as you do buy more powerful sequencers and samplers, GPO\'s sounds can be used by those. So it grows with you.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Let\'s be clear, GPO sounds ONLY work with the Kontakt sampler. You will not be able to use other pro samplers like GigaSudio, Halion, and EXS24 with these samples.

I think Alan, meant that you could use GPO with other sequencers.

It can run as a stand alone program or an instrument for another sequencer? That\'s awesome, that was the deciding factor there, I thank you for your info!

J

Go Back to forum