• Register
  • Help

Topic: NEW DEMOS!

Share/Bookmark

NEW DEMOS!

I\'d already listened to Alan\'s Widow of War here and went to Garritan.com by chance only to find loads of new demos!

I\'m listening to the first I noticed, Northern Callings, in the list (but just noticed that there is, at least, one above... \"Mozart Clarinet Concerto In A Major\"). I haven\'t listened to all the others yet, either, as I\'m very impressed with this composition \'Northern Callings\'. Right up my cup of tea! Booldy nice piece

Intriguingly it\'s by Mr or Mrs Anonymous!! (Come out! Come out, whoever you are!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) Why would anyone this good not want to reveal his or her name? My guess is that they would embarrass users of more expensive libraries or that they are just plain famous and don\'t want to be linked.

Could it be ThomasJ just wanting to prove that a good workman doesn\'t have to blame his tools?

The bottom line is that this Rackmanenough style demo just raised the bar somewhat (or at least reinforced the bar!!). It drives home, once more, the fantastic capacity of GPO to produce amazing results which are truly staggering (regardless of cost). Hearing this just inspires me and reassures me that I made the right decision. Why don\'t I just shut up, get my system going and stop writing.....I also want to get a demo up. It\'s extremely clear that Gary ain\'t going to have enough room on his site even for all the good \'uns! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I should have listened to all the rest before posting but I just had to comment on this one by Anonymous. Tell me who it is Gary and I promise to keep my mouth shut! Honest!

This whole thing is just getting better and better and better.... WOWWWWWW!!

Yours,

Most impressed (again) and grateful,

Frank

Re: NEW DEMOS!

Definetly check out that one, but make sure to listen to Doyle\'s \"Hollywood\" also, both of these composers did a fantastic job... kinda wanna retool \"Widow of War\" after hearing them to get it up to the new standard that these two tracks set... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

AL

Doyle did one?

What? Where? Who? When?

Doyle Donehoo = Monster composer.

I have my fav\'s here and Doyle is on the top of that list. I was so very happy to have him work on DIVA.

Did you ever go to his site a CRANK UP his tracks?

AMAZING!!

Second fav is Kaveh Cohen. Oh, but then there\'s Rob Elliott. Arrr. I am glad I don\'t compose for a living anymore. Theses guy are just too dam good to even try [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Bela D Media:
    Doyle did one?
    What? Where? Who? When?
    Doyle Donehoo = Monster composer.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Francis. I am blushing.

My demo it mainly to show what can be done in a few hours sketching, right out of the sequencer, and to show that GPO can be agressive (and can be even more agressive). The Demo I did for DIVA and Francis actually used a fair amount of GPO mixed with my other big lib stuff, in particular strings and woods. (A secret at the time because GPO was not out yet. Heh heh) I love doubling different lib solo instruments, or blending two different sets of strings (for strings I use 3 libs). Anyway, GPO is a great tool for getting ideas down before you forget them.

Originally posted by dwdonehoo:
    (for strings I use 3 libs).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Which ones? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Garritan:
    Frank,

Glad you liked Northern Callings. The title seems appropriate for here.

The composer of Northern Callings wishes to remain anonymous. I can say that he is rather well-known here but wants the library to speak for itself.

Gary Garritan
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That does narrow it down a little Gary! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Can I ask everyone who posts at Northern Sounds to write in and say that a) they didn\'t do it or b) they are not capable of doing it. In that way we can narrow the suspects down to a couple of dozen! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

Frank

Originally posted by Tarkio Road:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by dwdonehoo:
    (for strings I use 3 libs).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Which ones? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Just to be clear to those who may of missed it: The \"Hollywood\" demo sketch was done ONLY WITH GPO! I only use other libs in combination when I am using my full orchestra template, which was NOT the case with \"Hollywood\"! We clear? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Which libs? It changes depending on what I want to do, but I usually use a minimum of three. But again, \"Hollywood\" was ALL GPO.

Originally posted by dwdonehoo:
    Which libs? It changes depending on what I want to do, but I usually use a minimum of three. But again, \"Hollywood\" was ALL GPO.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Which three? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Frank,

Glad you liked Northern Callings. The title seems appropriate for here.

The composer of Northern Callings wishes to remain anonymous. I can say that he is rather well-known here but wants the library to speak for itself.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum