• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another New GPO User Demo//brassy

Another New GPO User Demo//brassy

I tried to do a dark song. Its a bit too muddled I\'m still experimenting.

Re: Another New GPO User Demo//brassy

There\'s a ton of originality here! A wall of dark, active tension .... After posting the the first time (my wife was asleep, I had to listen at low volume) I listened again at normal volume. It is very good.

The muddled sound you refer to comes from having so many competing lines concurrently, neither separated sufficiently by pitch/timbre(up and down) nor space (left/right and front/back). When faced with a \'too much at once\' or \'muddled\' dilemma, I find I can analyze my problem by thinking in terms of these three dimensions.

I look for parts stacked or grouped at a particular set of these three pitch/space coordinates (X-Y-Z) and seek solutions for those points. Available tools I consider first are simplification (throw some lines away, always my toughest dilemma), volume, panning and EQ/Reverb. Anyway, just some thoughts if you want to deal with what you feel is muddled. You probably know all this, I have a strong hunch ...

Wow, very good !
    Did you use only GOP to achieve this ?
    You seem to think there are a few things to finetune, so be my guest, but as for myself, I like it as it is, a good and inspiring job.

OMG it sounds a little like one of schoenbergs
    tone row compositions ......

I like it too [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yes, Sirbellog, this is all GPO [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (GOP, in the US, means Grand Old Party [Republicans]).

AWESOME! On my PC speakers it sounds almost like Link is facing off against Ganondorf on top of Death Mountain or something. Someone get me my fairy bow!

Provided 768MB of RAM is enough, I should definitely look into getting myself some GPO.

Good... although the pitch-bending doesn\'t come off as well as you want it to. Also, maybe if you do the whole thing in a lower key you can avoid it sounding too synthesized.

Sepretod, Are you talking about the pitch bend for the Hitchcock violin?

Go Back to forum