• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using GPO to Make a Chamber Orchestra - Vivaldi Demo

Share/Bookmark

Using GPO to Make a Chamber Orchestra - Vivaldi Demo

Here is a well-known piece by Vivaldi - The Four Seasons: Spring - using individual stringed instruments:

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/4seasons-Spring-Excerpt.mp3

The chamber string orchestra was constructed entirely from individual stringed instruments combined from individual solo parts. There are no sections used in this arrangement whatsoever.

The Personal Orchestra patches used were: Solo Stradivari Violin, Solo Gagliano Violin, Solo Guarneri Violin, Vln Strad 1, Vln Strad 2, Vln Strad 3, Vln Gal 1, Vln Gal 2, Vln Gal 3, Viola 1, Viola 2, Cello 1, Cello 2 and Harpsichord. This was sequenced in just a few hours within Sonar using GPO as a VSTi plug-in.

Gary Garritan

Re: Using GPO to Make a Chamber Orchestra - Vivaldi Demo

Huh.

In prior demos, I\'ve mostly been impressed with the solo woodwinds. But in the right hands, these strings are quite nice.

Jeez Gary , That sounds absolutely terrific!
    For a second I thought I was watching an old Alan Alda film. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    There is no doubt that this is a fine lib for those dulcet tones...now if only I could learn to write like that vivigaldio guy.

cb

Sounds GREAT Gary! I\'ve always been a fan of the Four Seasons...

My \'ex\' could play this violin, she could do the whole Spring piece, it was fun to listen to it again.

Thanks,
    AL

Outstanding demo! Sounds like it\'s worth a lot more than the 250 dollars that I paid for it!

Thanks for the comments. What is unique is that this piece was done entirely with thirteen individual solo stringed instruments (plus a harpsichord). Each stringed instrument played a different part. This is how real players do it. This new approach opens up endless possibilities in digital orchestration.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum