• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio makes computer unstable! (Even when not running!)

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio makes computer unstable! (Even when not running!)

I have a customer who has this problem. I\'ve tried to fix it, but I can\'t get it to work. When Gigastudio is installed the system in unstable, lots of reboots during filetransfer from C: to D:, errors and so on. When i uninstall GS everything works OK.

It\'s a PIII 933, QDI 815EP, IBM 30GB IDE ATA 100, 256MB, Ge-Force 2 GTS, SB Live and Win ME.

I\'ve tried the latest Intel Ultra ATA Storage drivers, but it\'s still the same problem. Detonator 6.50 & Liveware 3.0 for WinME

I think it\'s strange because GS isn\'t running but the system freaks out anyway...
    It\'s during program installations, file transfers and so on.. Suddenly it reboots, or I get an error. GS is doing something with Windows in combinaion with this kind of hardware. And like I said, when I uninstall GS everything works OK.

Anyone who has any suggestions, or had similar problems?

Re: Gigastudio makes computer unstable! (Even when not running!)

It is the detonator 6.5, 6.31 works fine, and 6.5 adds nothing but trouble.

Also use 98se, me does not work well with giga, at least for me, I have both gigasampler 1.6 and gigastudio 2.01.36 on systems that work fine.

hope this helps

I have exactly tha same problem as your client. After installing Giga, my system comes absolutly crazy. Rebooting after a simple double click or just appearing the famous blue window with ERROR.. Nowadays, I´m not able to fix it. Have you get good results with that problem? Please, send me your conclusions...
    This was my message: http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum2/HTML/001168.html

Hi Chilcote.9 - You\'re obviously having a very different experience w/ME or you\'re hearing erroneous rumors concerning this OS, and its working with GSt. GSt works fine with ME - I run two systems with it, each with a GIG of RAM, on Via chipsets no less.

I believe at times that attempting to stay on the \'bleeding edge\' regarding drivers tends to have an adverse effect on the stability of ANY OS. Test all drivers before you commit to them. WinMe has a feature that\'ll let you do just that called System Restore. You simply create a Restore Point, and install your new drivers. If you don\'t like the results, you can return the machine to its previous state with the click of a mouse.

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

i have exact the same problems when i install gigastudio!!!

my system
    1000thunderbird
    asus a7v ,bios 1006
    geforce 2 mx
    30 gig harddisk
    256mb ram
    delta44 soundkart

i think the problem is not the detonator drivers i have all version testet but it works not when i deinstall gigastudio my pc works perfect!!

Since Giga installs its own GSIF driver (or whatever that file does, it has SOMETHING to do with the audio interface/wavestream), that is problem where the problem happens. MSGRV32.EXE or something is running always in the background and it belongs to Giga I think. Try CTRL+ALT+DEL and remove it and see if it helps. Of course, you can\'t run GStudio then so it doesn\'t solve that problem...

on the backround running are ,
    scanregw.exe
    taskman.exe
    systray.exe
    rundll32.exe
    avpcc.exe (antivirus)
    starter.exe (soundcart mixer)
    mtask.exe

what can i do with this file MSGRV32.EXE ?
    delete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>it has SOMETHING to do with the audio interface/wavestream), that is problem where the problem happens. MSGRV32.EXE or something is running always in the background and it belongs to Giga<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, MSGSRV32 is the Win32 message queue handler - it passes messages back and forth between processes, both system and applications. When it appears to hang, it\'s because it\'s waiting on a return message from a process that\'s probably hung.

I think Simon is on the right track. Try forgetting about the Intel ATA driver, and use the default ESDI_506.PDR driver that came with Win98/Millennium. It supports most chipsets, Intel\'s, and also VIAs new ATA100 set. Also, if you\'re overclocking, slow it down for a bit to see if any changes in operation occur.

Steve Mitchell
    The Classical MIDI Resource
    The CMR Players

Thanks for the suggestions!

Well, I haven\'t been able to solve this problem. I\'ve tried with Win 98, but it\'s still the same behavior. And it\'s not the Detonators.

It seems logical that the problem might be in the way Gigastudio streams wavedata from HDD. Does GS install some kind of \"wavestream-driver\" that runs even when GS not running? And that driver don\'t like...what? The ATA 66/100 IDE-interface? But I belive a lot of you runs GS with ATA 66 or 100 interfaces? Without any problems? Or is it just you folks with ATA 33 interfaces who are happy GS users.

I think I might try a BX moderboard with standard ATA 33 controller, and see if it gets any better.

I\'ve tried to uninstall the Intel ATA driver, but that didn\'t help.

1.)How do I install the ESDI_506.PDR in an easy way?

2.)Anyone running GS on a 815 chipset without any problem?

Go Back to forum