• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Action Demo by Franscesco Marchetti

Share/Bookmark

New Action Demo by Franscesco Marchetti

The Seventh Seal (2 MB)

The Seventh Seal is an incredible new composition by Francesco. This piece was done in one afternoon using GPO.

Personal Orchestra Instrumentation: Violins 1 (lush - tremolo), Violins 2( lush - tremolo), Violas (ush - short bows), Cellos (lush - short bow)s, Basses (ush - short bows,) Trumpet overlay, French Horn overlay ff, Trombone overlay, Basic Orchestral Percussion, hromatic Haro 1, Harp HarmonicsS 1, Flute Solo NV, Oboe 1 modern solo, Tubular Bells.

Francesco has an amazing proficiency with MIDI orchestration. Thanks Francesco for sharing your music with us!

Gary Garritan

Re: New Action Demo by Franscesco Marchetti

Wow, Gary. Here I sit in Honolulu, take a quick trip to see what\'s up at NS and I find this demo. Sounds excellent!

I think this should silence the GPO is only for classical music naysayers. Great demo.

Wow... We have ourselves a new player here. Great work Francesco. I am surprised by the articulation list. Here I am making ensembles with three and four instruments per section and you got that huge sound with single horn patches?? Are you sure Gary got that right? I\'m going to go and play with some strict overlay patches right now.

Very nice

christianb

Thanks to everybody!
    I think i\'d never had a christmas like this.
    Best,best,best whishes with all my heart.

Merry Christmas

Francesco, Sara(my wife) and Leo(my 2 y.o. son)

P.S.: thanks to Gary who gave me the opportunity to stand on his site among all those great composers. God bless you. You don\'t know how much important is it for me at this time of my life.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing!

Greetings Francesco,
    I do think that everything is perfect here : mood, orchestration, tension, development...
    Aaar, if only I could write like that someday !

I have been getting really stoaked listening
    to all the GPO demos while I await delivery
    of my GPO copy (any day now) they are all
    excellent but this one by Francesco is the
    iceing on the cake for me and has left me quite
    delirious knowing that I to am soon to be a
    proud owner of GPO [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have lost count how many times I have listend
    to this , it just keeps playing over and over [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

magnifico !!!!

avete tallent grande Francesco [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brilliant Francesco, not only are you not anonymous but you\'ve just opened another window on GPO....Let the light shine far and wide!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You have so much skill and talent; if you can knock that up in an afternoon the future must be very bright indeed for you....if there\'s any justice in this world! May I be inquisitive? Are you self-taught or classically trained? Don\'t feel obliged to answer.

Happy Christmas to you and your family.

Frank

PS: You\'re so lucky to be able to mix with us great composers!! Only kidding [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'m just a hobbyist!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.\" - Edgar Allan Poe

Hi Frank,
    thanks for your words. I\'m classically-trained (i got my Piano-Diploma and now i\'m studing Violin - i\'ve studied composition about 2 years). I hope, as you say, that the jusitice comes soon. I don\'t know what\'s the situation in your country about to work in the music-field, but here in Italy it\'s really frustrating. Now i\'m thinking to leave Italy and fly to US, seeking for more opportunities. Could you suggest me something?

Thanks again
    Francesco
    P.S.:maybe a little bit gelous [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ?

Hi Francesco,

I\'m sorry but, as I said, I am a mere hobbyist and am the last person you should ask for advice! However there are people here and, perhaps moreso, on the \'main\' Sample Libraries Discussion who are definitely in the business to some extent.

As far as I can see it\'s never been easy to make a decent living in the music business but at least your training has given you a solid foundation which will stand you in good stead when the right opportunity comes along!

I hope that you are able to make the right decisions and more importantly get some good breaks.

Good Luck

Frank

PS The Italians have, or used to have, a thriving film industry have you tried flooding the directors and producers with your pieces?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast