• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wind Controller?

Share/Bookmark

Wind Controller?

Is there such thing as a wind controller that connects to a PCI slot on a PC? My goal in writing is to enter the notes in Overture with step-entry (with prodikeys) and then add the wind controller expression to the track by blowing over the line.

Re: Wind Controller?

USB 2.0 would be a better solution than PCI, but no, I don\'t know of anythying like that.

DOH! I did eman USB! Oops.

Jesse, I have a Yamaha breath controller which you blow through...no keys. It plugs into a Yamaha MCS2 Midi controller (1986 vintage!) but I find that it\'s better to just use a mod wheel and record the expression to a separate track on the same MIDI channel as the instrument in question.

Keep creating new \'expression\' tracks and mute your other attempts until you get one near enough and then do your final tweaks manually in key editor by drawing. Actually I tend to only the latter; looping through a few bars at a time until I\'m satisfied. Then you can merge the tracks if you want to. ie. the expression to the notes.

What is prodikeys? Nice to know that I\'m not the only (mostly) step entry man! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Regards

Frank

I use Prodikeys often. Its a nice PC keyboard with an integrated mini music keyboard. It\'s velocity sensitive and has pitchbend, but the other controller isn\'t really developed yet. I think Creative has a great idea here, and it only cost me $79.00! I wish they would get serious about this thing and make one with a BC input and a control wheel that would let you put out whatever you wanted.

I usually use my E4K which I like and the \'thumby\' button works great for me for sending the pedal info to GPO for the legato.

I\'ve used a yamaha WX5 before for my work. Haven\'t tried it with GPO yet, but the WX5 is great, especially if you are familiar with clarinet or sax.

Thanks Nexus, as soon as you mentioned Casio it came back to me I just didn\'t recognise the \'Prodkeys\'. I think it\'s a damn good concept. Another one I like is the proper music keyboard with the PC keyboard moulded in. Was it Evolution? There\'s some interesting stuff around.

Best regards

Frank

Go Back to forum