• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demo for the Holidays

Demo for the Holidays

I wrote this as I worked my way through the GPO learning process. I wrote it as a holiday theme and I am posting as a thankyou to Gary G and staff for providing my wife with the means for getting me such a great Christmas gift (GPO). I am not a composer or arranger by any means - so please try to keep the criticism constructive.
    I used Sir for ambiance and ran it though the OZONE orchestra preset for a quick mastering. It is not mixed as well as I would like - but I wanted to post before Christmas.
    Merry Christmas Mr. Garritan

Re: Demo for the Holidays

Extremely well done, for a first effort! BRAVO! If you can transfer that expression to a printed score, you\'d give some live players an enjoyable workout and have one heckuva jewelry commercial on your hands... it might even be better than one I\'m hearing on TV now. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] With the speakers that most folks use to wath television, coupled with the typical James Earl Jones voice-over, you may be able to get this on the air as-is. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

UK- teeming with life....

Well done Head!

You have some great ideas and good structure which compare favourably with other Christmas pieces I\'ve heard but it is not perfectly arranged/ orchestrated yet.

A great basis though and a terrific start!

Orcas Island

What a nice Christmas present! Music is the best gift one can receive. Lately, being overwhemed with orders and many things to do, it seems that the holiday season had almost passed me by. Receiving your Christmas present has changed all that and has put me in the holiday spirit. Your music has captured the joy and the sparkle of the season.
    Thank you also for sharing your music with all of us.

Merry Christmas to you and a Wonderful New Year!

Gary Garritan

Thanks for the kind words - I tightened up the song and updated the link. This sounds a bit better. I upgraded Sonar to version 3 and it got rid of a stuck notes problem that was making editing tedious as hell. I wish I had done so earlier - this demo would have been alot easier and tighter. The song features the solo strad, and Gaurn, the classic oboe and oboe 3 in unison, a small flute ensemble, bass sust and short, all short bows except bass, solo bass clarinet, bassoon, small trumpet ensemble, small horn ensemble, s,all trombone ensemble, solo tuba, hand bells, tube bells, orch percussion and toys, and glock.
    Merry Merry Merry (I love the word) to all!

Go Back to forum