This is not a big show-stopper for me but I was just curious if anyone else had run across this.

Last night I was working on a project which was using the SAM brass libraries loaded into Kontakt along with some other miscelaneous instruments.

I decided I needed a timpani and loaded the GPO timp into Kontakt. So far so good, until I tried adding in a roll. After about 20 or so notes, I got this horendous fingernails-on-the-chalkboard digital screach.

Long-story-short: I finally figured out that I could make the problem go away by switching the sample mode on the timpani from DFD to sampler (ram-based). The only down side to this is that Kontakt does not preserve this mode setting between sessions - I tried saving the instrument, the multi, the Sonar project, but everytime I reloaded the setting goes back to the global default (in this cases DFD).

In general, I don\'t mind too much using the player for GPO and Kontakt for everything else. I was just curious if anyone else had seen this distortion problem (or maybe it\'s just an environment thing for me).

I wonder, could DFD problems have anything to do with the GPO samples being bundled instead of broken out into individual wave files? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]