• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Lord of the Rings

Share/Bookmark

Lord of the Rings

Went an saw \"The Return of The King\" Today.I really enjoyed the music more than the movie. I will probably purchase the soundtrack just to hear the full versions of the music. Very well Written.

Re: Lord of the Rings

I\'m wishing that Peter Jackson ran all those slow-mo shots in real time. It would have been a two hour movie. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[spoilers]

But seriously, I was often ahead of his pacing. Had they spent another few frames on the dock, I would have screamed. Not long after the ring was destroyed, I kept thinking \"okay, where are the eagles? They should be here any time now... C\'mon already!\"

But I knew it would be a tough sell going in. I\'m no fan of CGI battle scenes - even when they\'re done really well. And they don\'t get better when they\'re overly long.

On a positive note... the Sam character rocked! I didn\'t care for the actor much in the first film, but he really gained my respect in this one. This was Sam\'s movie.

Howard Shore should get the Academy Award (for what they\'re worth!).

His scores for these films (and I\'ve not seen Return yet) hearken back to the great days of film scoring.

Love that \'Wagnerian\' brass scoring!!

Somebody to a Lord of the Rings GPO! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The movie was pretty good - especially the last half! I have to say the same about the music. I really thought the music in the first half was pretty terrible. Way too banal, and almost becoming a parady on heroic music. It\'s one of the first times I\'ve been so \"ripped out\" of a movie because of music that was just too simple, not very fitting and changing style all the time. It improved in the last half of the movie luckily, the music during the spider-scenes is very cool. But I don\'t understand what the fuss is about this score really.

Oh and.. now I gotta go - merry x-mas to all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The movie was pretty good - especially the last half! I have to say the same about the music. I really thought the music in the first half was pretty terrible. Way too banal, and almost becoming a parady on heroic music. It\'s one of the first times I\'ve been so \"ripped out\" of a movie because of music that was just too simple, not very fitting and changing style all the time. It improved in the last half of the movie luckily, the music during the spider-scenes is very cool. But I don\'t understand what the fuss is about this score really.

Thank you Simon......

Ed

Ed ?.......?

Ed [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

As I\'ve said, I\'ve not seen Return yet or heard the music score, but judging by the first two scores I\'d say you guys sound like sour grapes to me!

I\'m glad somebody isn\'t ripping off Danny Elfman like the guys who do all those demos on the East-West website!

nexus: People are sour grapes because they don\'t think the LOTR: ROTK score is amazing? That\'s some criteria for that definition Actually I like the score for the first movie much more than the one for ROTK. There aren\'t any new good themes in ROTK either. And some of the orchestrations are so simple they would be something I expected from an average PC game music composer, not a composer assigned to one of the biggest cinematic achievements in history.

And what on earth does Danny Elfman and EastWest have to do with it.... woah....

Go Back to forum