• Register
  • Help

Topic: I have two silly questions.

Share/Bookmark

I have two silly questions.

First of all, I\'d to know what the musical term is when two or more notes \"connect\" on a woodwind, string or brass instrument. Not in terms of portamento or pitch bend, but in terms of a seamless transition between notes, kinda like the bass clarinet in the beginning of that Tchaikovsky piece \"The Nutcracker Suite\".

Secondly, what is the MIDI method of achieving this? What controller do I assign to such notes to get a flawless \"connection\" of notes like that?

Hope somebody out there can help me... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: I have two silly questions.

Legato. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

For what sampler are you trying to use Legato?

Legato, aha! Thankyou.

I\'m using Cubasis VST, running one copy of GPO under Kontakt, to create a song where I want to have the viola section smoothly transition between notes. I\'ll check this later to see what the Cubasis sequencer uses as the legato expression.

Hmmm. I\'m pretty sure it used the sustain pedal (in dow position) for Legato Mode. I could be wrong. Check the printed manual. It should be in there something. Have fun! I know I have been with GPO. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"I\'m pretty sure it used the sustain pedal (in down position) for Legato Mode.\"

Correct. I go into more detail here: http://www.northernsounds.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=000917#000001

Tom

Go Back to forum