• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I Vary the Reverb Level in GSt96 per Each MIDI Channel?

Share/Bookmark

Can I Vary the Reverb Level in GSt96 per Each MIDI Channel?

While working on a song that has just piano and sax, I wanted to have no reverb on Track 1 (Gigapiano) and a lot of reverb on Track 2 (sax). Can I create additional inputs on the DSP page and assign Track 2 to it? If so how? It looked like it was set up to do this, but I couldn\'t figure out how to add more DSP inputs.

Thanks for any help!
    Van

Re: Can I Vary the Reverb Level in GSt96 per Each MIDI Channel?

boinking for help!

That would be a soundcard issue, I\'m guessing. I experienced the same problems on my old SoundBlaster 128. When I upgraded to an MAudio Delta 66, I suddenly had individual DSP channels for each MIDI track.

A quick note for when you make that transition yourself: All your old GSP files will have their effects routed to channels 1 and 2. This is probably for the best, as 16 identical reverb processes would just be a senseless drag on your CPU. But if you\'re looking to seperate some tracks from the effects chain, you\'ll have to do so yourself. DSP Routing can be found at the bottom of the MIDI Mixer, underneath the volume sliders for a given channel.

The reason you\'re only able to send your channels to two outputs is that you only get 32 ouputs (16 stereo pairs) if your soundcard is using a GSIF interface.

SB Live cards use direct sound which only supports two channels.

Hope this helps

Van Sotraidis....

No you can\'t. Not with your puny Soundblaster card. You cannot enable more DSP thingummy\'s. To do that you must buy a GSIF soundcard.

How many times does this have to be pointed out to people. I wish Nemesys had printed a manual with GigaStudio then they could have written it on the front page in big letters.

Thanks for clueing me in on this! Sounds like it\'s a frequently asked question. I had so many techinical problems getting this software to work (all kinds of system crashes and audible pops due to a bad Gigapiano CD and other system problems) that I missed this detail. Sounds like it\'s time to upgrade puny sound card.

Thanks again,
    Van Sotraidis

Go Back to forum