• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO - volume automation- Please Help!!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO - volume automation- Please Help!!!

I am still having problems saving my volume settings on GPO. Despite the save files, everytime I open Sonar3 I have to reset the volume on EVERY midi track EVERYTIME. This is very, very frustrating especially when I have over ten tracks open . It takes me quite some time to get the right mix and then I save my project and the mix volume settings are not remembered at all. This is not a Sonar problem - it only happens with GPO.

Somebody Please help!!!!!!! Please!!!!! I\'m beggin ya!!!

Re: GPO - volume automation- Please Help!!!

kstevege,

We\'ll test it on this end and see if we can duplicate the problem. Are you using GPO as a VSTi or DXi on Sonar:? This may make a difference as VST seems to work better. If this is a bug, we\'ll let Native Instruments know and see if we can resolve this ASAP. In the meantime, is anyone else experiencing this in Sonar?

Gary Garritan

Thanks Gary

I\'m using GPO as a VST. I will contact Cakewalk again just to double check and make sure this is not a Sonar3 problem. Other than the volume problem every else seems to work purrrfect!!

PS - I updated GPO with the latets kontact patch as posted in your website. How do I check to make sure it installed correctly? I could not find a version # on the software itself.

Thanks again!! Happy New Year!!!
    Steve

Originally posted by kstevege:
    How do I check to make sure it installed correctly? I could not find a version # on the software itself.Thanks again!! Happy New Year!!!
    Steve
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Steve,

It should show as version number 1.2.005. If you click on the Kontakt logo and go the about screen it should show up there.

Happy New Year to you!

Gary Garritan

I\'m not sure that this is the solution you\'re looking for, but I insert a Control Event in the Event view for the modulation wheel at the head of every GPO track. This establishes a default value at the head of the track, so at least I can hear the tracks when I reload the project.

G

Garritan - Thanks for the version # info!! I can\'t believe I couldnlt find that myself.

Greg - Thanks for the help with volume issue. I will try the event control fix and see what happens!!

I seem to be having a similar issue with GPO and the included Cubasis VST. I\'ve recorded 6-7 tracks with GPO, but every time I exit Cubasis and later come back into the same song file, the volumes are off from where I left them. I\'ll try adding the volume controls as suggested, but I hate to use \'workarounds\' if there\'s a way to fix the issue.

Also, whenever you load GPO as a VST instrument, the mod wheel in Kontakt looks to be pointed up all the way, but you have to pull it down and then push it back up to actually get the full volume.

One other thing... Is there a way to disable the popup GPO screen that comes up when you select GPO in the VST instruments panel? I\'ve already bought the program, I don\'t need to see that every time.

Otherwise, I love the program and really look forward to composing and recording with it.

Thanks,
    Shaz

Shaz,

Make sure you record your volume changes in each track. I always start out the tracks with an initial CC1 (modulation) event for the correct level of the first note on that track. Also, make sure that Cubasis is searching for controllers. Not sure what this feature is called in Cubasis.

Originally posted by Haydn:
    Shaz,

Make sure you record your volume changes in each track. I always start out the tracks with an initial CC1 (modulation) event for the correct level of the first note on that track. Also, make sure that Cubasis is searching for controllers. Not sure what this feature is called in Cubasis.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'s called chase controllers. :-)

Gary,

Mine says 1.0.2.005. Does that mean it is not updated?

I\'m having the same problem in Sonar.

-- Martin

Go Back to forum