• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pitch Bend

Pitch Bend

I am using the Cubasis VST sequencer to send the Kontakt player midi commands for pitch changes. I\'m trying to create a glissando in the Garritan Personal Orchestra French Horn Solo parts.

I do hear a pitch bend, but not at the sensitivity that I\'m specifying with MIDI commands.

Specifically, it sounds like Kontakt plays pitch bend commands as though the available pitch bend range is only 2 half steps. But I send the appropriate MIDI commands to change the pitch bend range to 1 octave.

For the MIDI experts out there, I\'m sending these commands to change the sensitivity of the pitch bend:
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">RPN 101 = 0 (Pitch Wheel Bend Range)</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">RPN 100 = 0</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Data Entry 6 = 12 (12 semi-tones, or 1 octave)</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> I tried changing Data Entry 6 to various values but I can hear no change.

Any ideas what I\'m doing wrong? I really want to hear Garritan Horns hitting the correct partials of a real glissando. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Pitch Bend

the entry should read:
    6: your setting

Go Back to forum