• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bassoon Solo 2 cresc

Bassoon Solo 2 cresc

I am using the bassoon sounds a lot right now. I prefer the Wet Bassoon Solo 2 over than the Wet Bassoon Solo 1 because of the extended upper range.

My question is,
    </font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">can I stop the Wet Bassoon Solo 2 part from crescendoing over sustained notes?</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> Sustained notes cresc. without me supplying any Mod Wheel control. The cresc. is almost impossible to stop even when I put in Mod Wheel controls for a decrescendo.

I very much like the sound, but slow sustained pieces are becoming annoying because the bassoonist gets \"passionate\" on every sustained tone. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Chandler, Arizona

Re: Bassoon Solo 2 cresc

I just ride the modulation controller which is a habit I have for all the instruments.

Re: Bassoon Solo 2 cresc

I used to have this problem with the old Vitous bassoons. I have always reprogrammed my sound libraries, and one of the reasons I was so jazzed about GPO was that it employed many of the same approaches I used. I have always used the mod controller for volume and velocity for attack (when possible!)for not the least of which to control the rounded tones most good players put into their sampling performances, particularily bassoonists it seems!

Go Back to forum