• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonar Question wGPO

Sonar Question wGPO

I downloaded the Sonar 3 demo. Very impressive.

What is the main difference between Studio and Producer?

Don\'t really care about EQ per track but I want to make certain that Sonar Studio can work with GPO and HALion as a plug in.

Thanks for your help

ps. Any news of better support with the Tascam US-428?

Re: Sonar Question wGPO

First of all, I need to show my bias and say that I use the Producer edition. You can look here to see exactly what Producer has that Studio doesn\'t:

Producer -only things

There\'s also a small table showing the similarities & differences here:

Producer/Studio comparison matrix

Cakewalk has been oh-so-very-kind and included a VST wrapper (I\'ve forgotten who from now), so GPO & HALion (and any other VSTs or VSTis) work quite well.

As for the Tascam US-428, are you referring to using it as a control surface? I found it a bit more responsive in that regard; however, I use the US-428 as my audio/MIDI interface--it lives underneath my desk on top of a VCR. Therefore, I really can\'t comment in detail about that aspect of it.

P.S. FWIW, the Sonitus plugins are really, really nice with a very small performance footprint--i.e. they sound good without sucking up an undue amount of resources. The VSampler is...OK in my book, though I did use the included electric guitar almost immediately.

You should not have a problem running GPO as a plugin.

I would recommend running it as VST and not DXI. The VST version of the player (Kontakt in general) is much more stable.

Go with Studio. You can always upgrade to Producer later if you want the track eq, Lexicon, etc.

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Too bad the eq per track wont talk to the Tascam US-428 [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Still thinking studio but may go producer.

Chandler, Arizona

I didn\'t really think that I\'d use the per channel EQ. I\'m hooked now.

The Lexicon reverb is scaled down version in the Studio. The full version is in the producer version.

I also use the VST version of GPO and Kontakt. Very stable.

I\'m very satisfied with the Producer version.

Guys, don\'t forget the Sonitus:fx Suite. I\'ve used these things on EVERY project since I upgraded to S3. Go with Producer.

The Sonitus FX suite and Lexicon reverb alone are worth the difference for Producer.

-- Martin

You know, on second thought, I don\'t regret for a second spending the extra bucks.

It\'s unanimous! Go with Producer.

Producer it is [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum